Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reload Thread: so cal installers box builders

pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Re: so cal installers box builders

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Eden View Post
    ya maybe ill tell my wife im taking here on a romantic get away to monterey on a 3 day weekend " she will be like why are you towing the mazda down with us ? "

If you do, video tape her response because I'm sure it will be worth remembering lol

Jason Eden is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pro-rabbit View Post
    So the seats are cut down in the center so you have like an extended center console? If so I would stick with your idea and use fiberglass to get a more "creative" look to the front and angle of the enclosure. You could choose to paint it, wrap it, or what ever else you may think of.

As for the amp rack, maybe doing some kind of "floating" look would be ideal. I like using frosted edge plexi and lighting them up with LEDs and making them the exact size of the amp and lifting it up a few inches to give it that floating look.
    that sounds nice but big to ship and i need to not make back panel too deep. there was only like 8" between the seats so i cut them down a bit and ill get them recovered so now i have about 13 to 14 " in between them. I wish some of the guys on this site were closer. i hit up 1 guy in la. ca. but not sure if he does this kind of work .

bought sax 100.4 from Ny_Vibe on caco and 2 sa 8 from topdawg on caco " well tried to but he is a d bag " bought saz 1500 from Black Truck 10 on caraudio.com , im type34me on ebay and if you need more info hit me up thanks

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    497 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pro-rabbit View Post
    If you do, video tape her response because I'm sure it will be worth remembering lol
    if he does dustin ,i'll get a video of her response and send it to ya

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ya she will be really pissed when i tell her we have to sleep in my ford because the money i had for hotel has to go to pay for the box.

bought sax 100.4 from Ny_Vibe on caco and 2 sa 8 from topdawg on caco " well tried to but he is a d bag " bought saz 1500 from Black Truck 10 on caraudio.com , im type34me on ebay and if you need more info hit me up thanks

pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Eden View Post
    that sounds nice but big to ship and i need to not make back panel too deep. there was only like 8" between the seats so i cut them down a bit and ill get them recovered so now i have about 13 to 14 " in between them. I wish some of the guys on this site were closer. i hit up 1 guy in la. ca. but not sure if he does this kind of work .
    You could float the amps on the enclosure if you wanted, should be enough room. You could also flush them into the sides if you wanted to.

Not saying for use to ship it(we would if you wanted) but just trying to bounce ideas around for you.

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    if he does dustin ,i'll get a video of her response and send it to ya
    Sounds like a plan there.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ya i thought about that but i heard its not good to put the amps on the box, is that true ? or do we isolate them with rubber or more wood ? and the amps are kind of big " like 19 " long " so that would take up a bit of my air space. its going to be close already unless i make box go forward more to look like a center consul for volume.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i have about 22 to 23" tall at the back then i have about 13 to 14" wide depth is 14 to 15" deep at top and 16 to 17" deep at bottom.

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    497 Post(s)

well jason ,if you wanna bring the truck up here ,we can get everything done for you ,but you'll have to leave it for a week to get it all done at once .

ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    well jason ,if you wanna bring the truck up here ,we can get everything done for you ,but you'll have to leave it for a week to get it all done at once .
    ok ill think it over " thats a far drive " but pm me a guess on a price. I wont hold you to it because i know things change but just want to get an idea of how much i need to save. thanks again

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    497 Post(s)

price is gonna depend on what you want done ,and if done in fiberglass or not . alot of work in there

NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2