Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Reload Thread: Subs just don't seem loud enough

frogcase2002 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Re: Subs just don't seem loud enough

Its got to be out of phase or the amp is just messed up some how.... and when i was asking about your volts I mean the volts with the car on and keep the volt meter hooked up and play your system loud and see how much the volts go down

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

And your ground should at least be right to the body(bare metal) under the carpet or something if your not wanting to go to the frame

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by frogcase2002 View Post
    And your ground should at least be right to the body(bare metal) under the carpet or something if your not wanting to go to the frame
    I see in your picture you have a knob hooked up. If so, could something be wrong with that? Try unhooking the bass knob and see how it is

grobbins81 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I did lots of work on my system tonight. I now have the amp grounded directly to the frame. I also rechecked all my sub wiring and double checked it again. Nothing has made a difference still and I even measured the voltage with the system playing loud. No voltage drop or anything. Im stumped. This amp is brand new. Does anyone have any other ideas?

bumppinKota is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

have you unplugged the bass knob? and whats the hu preout volts?

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grobbins81 View Post
    I have two sundown sa15s in a dual ported 6.5 cube 33hz box.. I just recently bought them both and a hifonics brz2400.1d and had the subs wired down to 2 ohms for 1700 watts rms. For some reason they just don't seem as loud as I anticipated. I have all 0 gauge wire. All settings on the head unit are at neutral. Gain is set around halfway between one and two if you were looking at a clock. All of the filters are at various positions not knowing exactly what to do with them. I dont have any dimming of my headlights and my truck already has a high output alternator so I have seen no voltage drop. I have lots of friends with much lesser quality subs (kicker, bazooka, american bass etc.) and crap amps (boss, power acoustik, etc), and yet their subs seem to be hitting harder than mine. I tried tuning the amp myself with a multimeter and a 50hz test tune and I thought I had it all figured out only to turn my head unit up to 3/4 volume and barely hear bass at all. I don't understand what my problem is and it's really bumming me out that these 15s aren't beating like I thought they would. I don't want to crank the bass knob or gain up only to make the subs start clipping and ruin what I have put my money into. All of the filters on the amp are starting to confuse me also. I'm not necessarily new with car audio but I've just recently started wanting my stuff to be done right. There are not any local shops that really know what they are doing any better than I do and I always would rather do things myself. Any help or possible solutions would be greatly appreciated.
    really guy ,the xfl subs are not by any means lesser quality ,in fact they are better than sa subs

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

7. Likes southernboom88, bumppinKota liked this post
    mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)

bet its the box tuned to high .

ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I did lots of work on my system tonight. I now have the amp grounded directly to the frame. I also rechecked all my sub wiring and double checked it again. Nothing has made a difference still and I even measured the voltage with the system playing loud. No voltage drop or anything. Im stumped. This amp is brand new. Does anyone have any other ideas?
    Did you switch the pos and neg on one of the sub.. like pretend only one of your subs negatives and positives are the opposite of what they say. You know what I'm saying??. And its going to either sound like it should or make them not as loud then it must be something else. And did you try without bass knob

bumppinKota is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    bet its the box tuned to high .

could be. its easy to tune wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)

yep

NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bumppinKota View Post
    could be. its easy to tune wrong.
    Yea but even when I take my port out of my bandpass which makes it tuned in like the 60s or 70s it still doesn't sound like its barley bumping. I wouldn't think something is wrong

T.I.K. is offline F*ck it, we'll do it live

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    yep
    He should still be hearing bass though, especially if it's tuned high, he'd be complaining about 40hz< not being as loud as the rest of the curve

Get taken down to funky town on MobileAudioForum.com.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.I.K. View Post
    He should still be hearing bass though, especially if it's tuned high, he'd be complaining about 40hz< not being as loud as the rest of the curve
    this is true ,but the complaint is that his dont hit as hard as his friends .so if he's lacking in the lower end then this could be the problem

NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

Better-Action is offline give me a reach around

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

You still haven't answered a question I asked earlier. Were you exaggerating when you said they barely out bump your door speakers? If they are that quiet it IS a phasing issue. Turn it up so it is thumping good, and while it is playing unhook one speaker. If its a phase issue you will know immediately! You said you redid your wiring from the amp to the subs, but seeing as how you don't know what you are doing you very well could have hooked it up wrong again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Better-Action View Post
    You still haven't answered a question I asked earlier. Were you exaggerating when you said they barely out bump your door speakers? If they are that quiet it IS a phasing issue. Turn it up so it is thumping good, and while it is playing unhook one speaker. If its a phase issue you will know immediately! You said you redid your wiring from the amp to the subs, but seeing as how you don't know what you are doing you very well could have hooked it up wrong again.
    He probley cant unhooked just one because there wired together. He should look what I posted above and try that

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast