Closed Thread

Reload Thread: headlights dimming on my 2011 hyundai elantra...need advice on what to do next??

dizz10dizz is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

headlights dimming on my 2011 hyundai elantra...need advice on what to do next??

Alright guys, i have a 2011 hyundai elantra limited and here is everything i did to it.

Alternator has power rating of 90 amps

Ran 2 gauge power and ground wires with a xxx 2 farad capacitor.

I have a RE MX 18" 2 ohm DVC and it is wired at 4 ohms right now and its 1500 rms.

18" Competition subwoofer
    Dual 2 ohm voice coils
    3000 watts peak
    1,500 watts RMS rated

A concept cd-2410 that is:

RMS Power 600W x 1 @ 4 Ohm
    RMS Power 1150W x 1 @ 2 Ohm
    RMS Power 2410W x 1 @ 1 Ohm
    Signal-to-noise ratio: 95 dB
    Frequency Response: 5Hz - 250Hz
    Total harmonic distortion: 0.1%

with the gain all the way down it still dims my headlights pretty bad even at 4 ohm

My question is what should i do next? I plan on doing the Big 3 and either want to rebuild my alternator to a higher amperage or get a dry cell battery to put in the trunk...What do you guys think my next move should be? Should i just abandon my RE and get a smaller sub and call it quits?? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

SUB: RE MX 18"

AMP: stilllll lookin....

RJones87 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: headlights dimming on my 2011 hyundai elantra...need advice on what to do next??

I would try the big 3 and buy atleast 2 agm batteries. One for the Front and one for the trunk.

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Re: headlights dimming on my 2011 hyundai elantra...need advice on what to do next??

Lights dimming = <14V. You may not even be above 14 with your stock electrical. Test it, do the big 3, upgrade your battery for sure under your hood. To wire at 1 ohm you will need a higher output alternator. Realize both how much money you will need to invest, and also that your lights may still dim after all is said and done. You can always sell that and get a smaller system if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/578701-1999-chevrolet-blazer.html

Closed Thread