Reload Thread: Pioneer premier ts-w3002d4 help plzzzz

datnnjajooks315 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Icon14 Pioneer premier ts-w3002d4 help plzzzz

I have a 96 golf GL hatchback and was looking for one subwoofer that could do the job and settled on a pioneer ts-w3002d4. I ordered the speaker and then started to try to piece together the rest of the system and realized i dont know what i am doing at all....Just need some advice from some people in the know.

First Off should i get a sealed or ported box for this sub?

I was thinking about a hifonics 1500.1 d class monoblock amp...

what wiring kit will i need to run this amp at 4 ohms?

and also would i need to upgrade my vehicles electical system for this??

do i need a capacitor?

Any advice is appreciated .... Thanks

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Pioneer premier ts-w3002d4 help plzzzz

I also dont understand the whole dual voice coil thing....Apologize in advance for my noobishness

Loudmp5 is offline skyhigh&banginlow

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no you will not need to upgrade ur elec. maybe do the big 3 just to do it, i would why are you running the amp @4 ohms? Do NOT get a capacitor

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

is your sub a dual 4 ohm or dual 2? you need to look up ohms law

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

also you should contact @double 07 ; for a custom enclosure

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms,An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject,Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.,Gun control is not about guns; it's about control,You only have the rights you are willing to fight for,Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety,You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive,Assault is a behavior, not a device,64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday,All Rights Reserved,The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others,What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?,guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians

Loudmp5 is offline skyhigh&banginlow

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nevermind i see its a d4 i would run it at 2 ohms

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms,An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject,Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.,Gun control is not about guns; it's about control,You only have the rights you are willing to fight for,Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety,You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive,Assault is a behavior, not a device,64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday,All Rights Reserved,The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others,What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?,guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks...after talking with some audio heads i decided to sell this speaker to a buddy at a 20 dollar loss and start with something smaller.

I found 2 pioneer ts-w309s4 12s for 30 bucks apiece new in the box. grabbed a hifonics hfi1000.1d amplifier kit that comes with a 4 gauge wiring kit and 2 farad capacitor (Why to not use cap?) for 169.99 new also grabbed a pioneer ts-1605c component set with crossovers for 70 bucks. Then went to best buy and found a dual 12 sealed box for 6.99 (open item.....lol) and grabbed a pioneer deh-150 mp for a head unit for 60 bucks.

Just waiting for everything to come in the mail.....hopefully it sounds good when i get it all hooked up.

anything else you guys can think of that im gonna need?

alec14 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by datnnjajooks315 View Post
    thanks...after talking with some audio heads i decided to sell this speaker to a buddy at a 20 dollar loss and start with something smaller.

I found 2 pioneer ts-w309s4 12s for 30 bucks apiece new in the box. grabbed a hifonics hfi1000.1d amplifier kit that comes with a 4 gauge wiring kit and 2 farad capacitor (Why to not use cap?) for 169.99 new also grabbed a pioneer ts-1605c component set with crossovers for 70 bucks. Then went to best buy and found a dual 12 sealed box for 6.99 (open item.....lol) and grabbed a pioneer deh-150 mp for a head unit for 60 bucks.

Just waiting for everything to come in the mail.....hopefully it sounds good when i get it all hooked up.

anything else you guys can think of that im gonna need?
    Sounds like you'll be fine... Until you wanna upgrade.

Bought from: flastrongman, nitefury 360, luckyderder, Jayzbent, fasfocus00, flaboy22, oldschool4me, Chevy Blazin', Inter007, dross93ranger, 04murdalanche, glitchsta, photocrazy8, 2002XLT

Traded with: mylows10 Sold to/traded with: garychoffman, juanmgarza, 04murdalanche, Markyg66, basswiigee, btolenti, supereikenator, shauncox26, eg9(x2), big scott, bad @SS chevy

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/itrader.php?u=1018999

Closed Thread