Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Is it my Alt??

Below20hzonly is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Is it my Alt??

Ok without my audio system hooked up everytime I click the button to roll the window down my lights will flicker for a second and when I do hook the amp up (which is about 700rms), my lights will dim really hard at like half volume on the deck and both amps not even turned half way up, my ground for the battery is the factory location and I have multiple runs of thicker wire my ground for the amp is right near the rear wheel well, my battery is less than year old from home of economy(its a cheap $75 one), do you think it could be my alternator its stock 95amp and i have 110,000 miles on the car, any help would be great.

Pioneer 80prs
    Image dynamics xs65 comps
    JL audio w6v.2 12"
    Elemental designs nine.2x
    Alpine mrp m1000
    Audio technix deadner, mlv
    Knu and monster wiring
    1.75net tuned~34hz

Dtrom is offline MAF

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Re: Is it my Alt??

Could be alt. Do you have the big 3 done

REFS alot

frogcase2002 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Have you done the big 3 and have you sanded everywhere there is a ground to bare metal?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

yes big 3 done and sanded very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by frogcase2002 View Post
    Have you done the big 3 and have you sanded everywhere there is a ground to bare metal?

Pioneer 80prs
    JL audio w6v.2 12"
    Alpine mrp m1000
    Knu and monster wiring
    1.75net tuned~34hz

frogcase2002 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Batt/batts and/or alt is going to be what you need then. Some stock alts just **** ... I bet just a nice batt will help alot

gckless is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

I would disconnect your audio system until you get this problem figured out. Easiest thing for you to do right now is make sure your grounds are good under-hood and make sure all connections are good and tight. Then you may want to have your alternator and/or battery checked out to see if they are any good. But you want to figure this out before you connect your audio system, the additional draw is not good in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

can I just go to any auto place and they will test the alt and batt, or can i check it myself?
    Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    I would disconnect your audio system until you get this problem figured out. Easiest thing for you to do right now is make sure your grounds are good under-hood and make sure all connections are good and tight. Then you may want to have your alternator and/or battery checked out to see if they are any good. But you want to figure this out before you connect your audio system, the additional draw is not good in this situation.

Pioneer 80prs
    JL audio w6v.2 12"
    Alpine mrp m1000
    Knu and monster wiring
    1.75net tuned~34hz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Below20hzonly View Post
    can I just go to any auto place and they will test the alt and batt, or can i check it myself?
    If you have the tools you can do it, or you can see if they can test it for you. Simplest way to test the battery is to just check its resting voltage.

15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

ya the weird part is when the lights dim, the voltage from the battery(which my headunit is reading) still reads 13.8 to 14.2volts, same as idle.
    Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    If you have the tools you can do it, or you can see if they can test it for you. Simplest way to test the battery is to just check its resting voltage.

Pioneer 80prs
    JL audio w6v.2 12"
    Alpine mrp m1000
    Knu and monster wiring
    1.75net tuned~34hz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

What have you done to the vehicle? Have you done big 3, messed with anything under the hood? Is the light dimming bad or just noticable? Does your engine sputter at all when that happens?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

big three is done with 4 gauge kinda small, very noticable dimming, i ran a large rms sub amp years ago on this stock alt too so that might be the problem, i was probably clipping the amp hard come to think of it, i had the gain and bb turned almost all the way up on a hifonic brutus 2000 I was dumb

Pioneer 80prs
    JL audio w6v.2 12"
    Alpine mrp m1000
    Knu and monster wiring
    1.75net tuned~34hz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Below20hzonly View Post
    big three is done with 4 gauge kinda small, very noticable dimming, i ran a large rms sub amp years ago on this stock alt too so that might be the problem, i was probably clipping the amp hard come to think of it, i had the gain and bb turned almost all the way up on a hifonic brutus 2000 I was dumb
    Very possible your alt is taking a dump right now. Call around to local shops to see if someone can test it for you.

Closed Thread