Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Help!!! Subwoofer/Amplifier upgrade on 13 E350 woofer clipping issue

liljaden is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon8 Help!!! Subwoofer/Amplifier upgrade on 13 E350 woofer clipping issue

I decided to add a little bass to my car so I installed an Alpine SWR 1043D w/JL AUDIO
    500/1 wired to 2ohms. It's a very simple install so at least I thought. I was able to find a low
    Level input wire before the stock HK amp and tapped into that for amp signal. Everything powered up and sub/amp was working then it happened. The woofer clips or shuts off everytime a nice deep bass kicks in. I have the amp gain all the way down and LPF at around 85 hz and the stock HU Bass to -10. The woofer works u til a nice bass kicks out the it shuts off and would go back on when the lower the volume. I tried tuning the JL Audio amp but can't seem to get the required voltage and the clipping clipping continues with the HU volume at less than half way mark. Today I replaced the JL Audio amp with an Alpine mrp m500, double check my wiring: power, ground and etc and my amp gain just above min and the sub is still shutting off. Any suggestions other than a match and Lighter fluid. Anyone else experience this BS? Thanks in advance guys

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Re: Help!!! Subwoofer/Amplifier upgrade on 13 E350 woofer clipping issue

What was the low level input wire you tapped into? If it was a speaker wire, that's a high level input, and is exactly why your amp is doing that, because it's assuming the voltage you are putting in is much less than it's getting.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)

should use an loc at the wire you tapped into ,thats prolly your issue signal voltage is too high

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

liljaden is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I tapped into these two low level input wires from the amp. I had
    the same set up with my 2010 and the only difference is on the '13 the battery is
    In the front. It seems like I'm not getting enough power because the subwoofer
    Only goes off when a hard bass hits the once I lower the volume it
    Goes back on. I'm going to try a cap and if that doesn't work the ill go with
    The LOC thru the speaker cable. Thanks for the input guys Merry Christmas

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Closed Thread