Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Reload Thread: JL HD 1200/1 with JL 13w7 Settings and Wiring HELP!!

  1. #1
    whereithertz's Avatar
    whereithertz is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    JL HD 1200/1 with JL 13w7 Settings and Wiring HELP!!

    Hi,

    New to all this but have gone out and bought the following for my E46 BMW.

    JL HD 1200/1
    JL HD 600/4
    JL C5 650
    JL C5 C50x

    JVC KDAVX-77

    In regards to the 1200/1 and the Sub.

    Does any one know how I should wire the voice coils? I think my installer put a positive from the amp going to Voice coil 1 and Negative from the amp going to Voice coil 2 and a wire (bridge ?) connecting the other + and -.

    Question 1... Is this how it should be wired to get the most out of the Amp/Sub combo??

    Question 2... What should the settings be on the Amp??

    It pumps at the moment but have the feeling that i can get much more out of it.

    Any Suggestions??

    Cheers,







  2. #2
    whereithertz's Avatar
    whereithertz is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JL HD 1200/1 with JL 13w7 Settings and Wiring HELP!!

    bump




  3. #3
    butterMilk's Avatar
    butterMilk is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    494
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JL HD 1200/1 with JL 13w7 Settings and Wiring HELP!!

    What voice coil does it have, DVC ? This site can help you figure how you want to wire it.
    - Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams

    You can set the gain with a dmm. use the search button if you dont know what I mean.

    If he wired it like you said, then you might be able to wire it to a lower ohm load, and draw more power from the amp.




  4. #4
    av83's Avatar
    av83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,864
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Re: JL HD 1200/1 with JL 13w7 Settings and Wiring HELP!!

    Quote Originally Posted by heebs 09gts View Post
    What voice coil does it have, DVC ? This site can help you figure how you want to wire it.
    - Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams

    You can set the gain with a dmm. use the search button if you dont know what I mean.

    If he wired it like you said, then you might be able to wire it to a lower ohm load, and draw more power from the amp.
    If its a dual 1.5, and his amp is regulated to produce the same power at 2 to 4 ohms(and I'm pretty sure this is the case with said equipment), than he is wired perfectly already. You may be advising him to wire down to a(possibly amp killing) .75 ohm load.

    O.P., look into getting a new enclosure of you want more output. You're equipment is very nice, and capable of performing very well when installed correctly and with your listening habits in mind.



    80prs
    RF t800.4, CDT es-6mo, DD T2
    2 MB Quart DSC1500.1 strapped on 1 Tantric HDD 12
    Mike Singer 310 amp 6 phase
    2 runs of Monster Cable 1/0

  5. #5
    whereithertz's Avatar
    whereithertz is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JL HD 1200/1 with JL 13w7 Settings and Wiring HELP!!

    OK well thats a relief one guy told me that the sub wasn't powerful enough to handle the amp but other guys say and from what I have heard the JL HD1200/1 and THE jl 13W7 is a match made in heaven.

    I have currently a spec size slot ported box as JL specify. but it is absolutely huge!! to the point where i had to take the spare wheel out floor out trims out push the box into the trunk with out the sub then slide the floor under the box then install the sub! PHEEWW!!

    My installer suggested an inverted box? Use the trunk space as a box.... Has anyone delt with inverted boxes?

    Also has any one delt with the HD 1200/1 Settings?




  6. #6
    av83's Avatar
    av83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,864
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Re: JL HD 1200/1 with JL 13w7 Settings and Wiring HELP!!

    Quote Originally Posted by whereithertz View Post
    OK well thats a relief one guy told me that the sub wasn't powerful enough to handle the amp but other guys say and from what I have heard the JL HD1200/1 and THE jl 13W7 is a match made in heaven.

    I have currently a spec size slot ported box as JL specify. but it is absolutely huge!! to the point where i had to take the spare wheel out floor out trims out push the box into the trunk with out the sub then slide the floor under the box then install the sub! PHEEWW!!

    My installer suggested an inverted box? Use the trunk space as a box.... Has anyone delt with inverted boxes?

    Also has any one delt with the HD 1200/1 Settings?
    Was your enclosure built for your application? Our is it a prefabricated enclosure. Also, amp settings are dependent on many variables. Don't go changing stuff willy nilly until you do some more research.



    80prs
    RF t800.4, CDT es-6mo, DD T2
    2 MB Quart DSC1500.1 strapped on 1 Tantric HDD 12
    Mike Singer 310 amp 6 phase
    2 runs of Monster Cable 1/0

  7. #7
    whereithertz's Avatar
    whereithertz is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JL HD 1200/1 with JL 13w7 Settings and Wiring HELP!!

    Well i had the option of a sealed or slotted box in the manual that came with the W7. I went for the Slotted box as i understood this to be more for rnb type music.




  8. #8
    butterMilk's Avatar
    butterMilk is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    494
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JL HD 1200/1 with JL 13w7 Settings and Wiring HELP!!

    Quote Originally Posted by av83 View Post
    If its a dual 1.5, and his amp is regulated to produce the same power at 2 to 4 ohms(and I'm pretty sure this is the case with said equipment), than he is wired perfectly already. You may be advising him to wire down to a(possibly amp killing) .75 ohm load.

    O.P., look into getting a new enclosure of you want more output. You're equipment is very nice, and capable of performing very well when installed correctly and with your listening habits in mind.
    Yup, I may have without knowing amp or sub specs. Im glad you stepped in and cleared that up!




  9. #9
    jungstah's Avatar
    jungstah is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    278
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: JL HD 1200/1 with JL 13w7 Settings and Wiring HELP!!

    Quote Originally Posted by whereithertz View Post
    Well i had the option of a sealed or slotted box in the manual that came with the W7. I went for the Slotted box as i understood this to be more for rnb type music.
    he asked whether the box was custom made for you application or a pre-made off the shelf box



    Pioneer AVH-P2400BT
    Stock Pioneer 4" components
    Hifonics Brutus BRZ1700.1D
    Two SA-12's
    cruddy prefab ported box----new box otw

  10. #10
    whereithertz's Avatar
    whereithertz is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JL HD 1200/1 with JL 13w7 Settings and Wiring HELP!!

    No I fabricated the box to JL specs.




  11. #11
    av83's Avatar
    av83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,864
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Re: JL HD 1200/1 with JL 13w7 Settings and Wiring HELP!!

    Quote Originally Posted by whereithertz View Post
    No I fabricated the box to JL specs.
    Look in to having custom plans drawn out if you have the ability to build one. There's some really good guys here that can design you one better tailored to your power usage and vehicle. Factory specs can be very generic.



    80prs
    RF t800.4, CDT es-6mo, DD T2
    2 MB Quart DSC1500.1 strapped on 1 Tantric HDD 12
    Mike Singer 310 amp 6 phase
    2 runs of Monster Cable 1/0

  12. #12
    av83's Avatar
    av83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,864
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Re: JL HD 1200/1 with JL 13w7 Settings and Wiring HELP!!

    Quote Originally Posted by heebs 09gts View Post
    Yup, I may have without knowing amp or sub specs. Im glad you stepped in and cleared that up!
    I've done the same thing before. Your intentions were good.



    80prs
    RF t800.4, CDT es-6mo, DD T2
    2 MB Quart DSC1500.1 strapped on 1 Tantric HDD 12
    Mike Singer 310 amp 6 phase
    2 runs of Monster Cable 1/0

  13. #13
    butterMilk's Avatar
    butterMilk is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    494
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JL HD 1200/1 with JL 13w7 Settings and Wiring HELP!!

    Quote Originally Posted by av83 View Post
    I've done the same thing before. Your intentions were good.
    Thx, I just saw no response for a day so I thought Id get the ball rollin!




  14. #14
    CrossoverOre's Avatar
    CrossoverOre is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    oregon
    Posts
    989
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JL HD 1200/1 with JL 13w7 Settings and Wiring HELP!!

    I would suggest trying to increase the airflow from the trunk to the cab space. bmw's are built very tight in this aspect. I would bet if you can increase the airflow you will increase the output.




  15. #15
    jockhater2's Avatar
    jockhater2 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Saukville, WI
    Posts
    2,934
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

    Re: JL HD 1200/1 with JL 13w7 Settings and Wiring HELP!!

    pretty please post pics of the E46



    Head Unit Pioneer P99RS
    3 Runs of 1/0 OFC Power and 3 Runs of 1/0 OFC Ground
    1 XS Power D3400 & 2 XS Power XP3000 with Copper Bus Bars
    380 Amp & 320 Amp Iraggi Alternators(One is a chevy case, the other ford)
    RD 7500.1 running 2 12 inch SPLaudio (AA Mayhem motors/baskets)
    Tuned to 36 hertz. About 4.5 cubic feet, 8" Aeroport (made by dbeez)
    Zed Audio Leviathan III on Morel MDT-29, RS100-4 & RS225-8 Daytons
    Alex Jones www.infowars.com Endgame, Obama Deception, Truth Rising,
    Fluoride in the water, poison in vaccines, chemical trails in the skyglobal
    elite banks run our government towards a one world global government.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. trade in for jl 12w7ae and jl HD 1200/1
    By blindingflash22 in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-02-2012, 04:31 PM
  2. Setting up JL Audio 12w6 with JL audio JX 500/1
    By tommyarmour in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 11-27-2011, 10:52 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-27-2011, 10:46 PM
  4. jl hd 1200/1
    By robertoyoung08 in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 09-02-2011, 01:36 PM
  5. I need amp settings and wiring help
    By raymondo in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-04-2005, 06:57 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum