Ok so I tried hooking up a subwoofer myself. Bad idea.
I hooked everything up correctly(I believe).
RCA Cable was good.
Power Signal was good.
Ground was good.
Speaker cable was good.
I had everything hooked up perfectly. The power wire was connected to the amp and the other end to the positive battery. The last step was to connect the negative car battery cable to the car battery. As soon as I did, it took a second or two and I heard a loud POP come from the trunk! I checked the fuse on the amp, and it appears to not have blown. It DOESN'T look like the picture below
As soon as I heard, I disconnected everything. What could it be?
I used 6 gauge power wire. The amp is rated at 300W @ 4ohms and has a fuse reading 40A. I'm leaning towards just taking it to a car audio shop, but I don't want to get ripped off for something small I'm doing wrong.
Any help is appreciated.