Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Head unit RCAs question

Lost_Dragon86 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Head unit RCAs question

Okay, I tried to hook an extra amp to my system to test my sub woofer box. I have my small 4 channel amp connected for a while and everything seemed fine. I hooked my second amp to my system to test the woofer. Suddenly the 4 channel amp seems to be getting input from the sub channel and the front and rear channel. If I leave the subwoofer out terminals disconnected the 4 channel amp sound is muted, if I plug in either the RCA or the ground loop isolator to the sub out RCA of the deck, the sound gest better, and if I turn on the sub out on the deck I get bass coming to the 4 channel amp but not the sub woofer amp. And the sub amp is currently disconnected I was getting bad alternator whine with both sub amps I was testing. I tried grounding the sub RCA because they came with a ground wire, and I tried the ground loop isolator and was still getting the whine. Help? Could the deck be faulty?

keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

Re: Head unit RCAs question

we need pics of how you wired your amps, or a diagram that shows RCA's and speaker wires and relationship to the headunit

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?6722-KHA-2014-Accord-Sport-SQ-Factory-Integration
    ***My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It would be hard to take pics, right now, I yanked the subwoofer RCA cable out, cause I am sure that is where the noise was originating from, but the subwoofer sound coming into the four channel amp is still an issue. I left the ground loop isolator connected to the back of the deck wiring. It increases the volume of the 4 channel amp for some reason. The deck is a Premier F90 BT. It has a wire harness that plugs into the back of the deck and has all the RCAs coming out of it.

QueSound15 is offline I know a thing or two....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

im pretty sure the rca didnt have a ground wire with it. I dont know for sure but i think that may be a remote amp turn on wire built in to the rca for convenience. just an fyi if im right

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I took that RCA out anyway. But that RCA is a cheap monster cable, and that extra wire is on the opposite side from where the power on connection is on one amp, it would be on the same side with my other amp, but u have to pull apart the RCA cable to make that wire long enough to connect to the power on terminal.
    Last edited by Lost_Dragon86; 11-28-2012 at 06:32 PM.

Closed Thread