Reload Thread: H/O Alt help

Loudmp5 is offline skyhigh&banginlow

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

H/O Alt help

So i have a 03 mazda protege5 my original plan was to put 3 gcons on 3k but i ran into a problem i have been doing research and it looks like i cant get an alt for my car without messing up the ecu? What the fvck do i do im so sad All i have is the stock 80 amp alt so what should i do??? Whats the most power i can get??

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms,An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject,Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.,Gun control is not about guns; it's about control,You only have the rights you are willing to fight for,Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety,You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive,Assault is a behavior, not a device,64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday,All Rights Reserved,The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others,What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?,guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: H/O Alt help

bump

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms,An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject,Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.,Gun control is not about guns; it's about control,You only have the rights you are willing to fight for,Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety,You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive,Assault is a behavior, not a device,64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday,All Rights Reserved,The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others,What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?,guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians

butterMilk is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should be able to get a HO alt. I dont see why it would be a problem. Email singer alternators, and ask if he makes one for your car, or DC alts, just to find out if they make one. If they make one it will be ok to put one on your car. How did you find out you cant have one?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i googled it some mazda forum, i emailed dc and excessive amperage waiting on a reply mechman said they cant help me so we'll see

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bumpidy doo so if i cant get an amp should i be okay with 2 d3400s one under hood one in the back? and ill run 2k? also now should i get 1 18 or 2 12s lol only like 27 or so cubic inch diff but the 12s would have more motor force??? and ill have my xtant a4004 for my mids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should be fine running 2k. Im running about 1600w on stock alt(dont know how big, but no more than 100amps)and yellow top optima under the hood.

For the big 3 all I have done is the battery ground.

I do have a volt meter, just keep an eye on it and dont let the volts dip too low and you will be fine.

For the sub question I dont know. Personal preference I guess.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya i got big 3 i just dont want to stress my alt to much those are kinda big batts i just hate voltage drop if i cant get the h/o alt im either going with saz2k or crossfire1700 idk and im doing the 2 12s **** i already have 1 lol

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump for what.

If you have a big *** amp for your subs, and a stock alt, then yeah it will stress it a lil bit, it will cause it to be constantly working hard.
    If you drive down the road bumping bass heavy songs for a hour, then yeah it will be stressed.
    Your alt will be fine, for a while. Get the system in and see how it holds up.
    A decent test for that, is to see if you get head light dimming.
    My buddy has been running 1600w on stock everything, in a old dodge neon for a year. No problems, yet. And hes always bumpin hard.

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heebs 09gts View Post
    Bump for what.

If you have a big *** amp for your subs, and a stock alt, then yeah it will stress it a lil bit, it will cause it to be constantly working hard.
    If you drive down the road bumping bass heavy songs for a hour, then yeah it will be stressed.
    Your alt will be fine, for a while. Get the system in and see how it holds up.
    A decent test for that, is to see if you get head light dimming.
    My buddy has been running 1600w on stock everything, in a old dodge neon for a year. No problems, yet. And hes always bumpin hard.
    Just because I'm interested, what voltages do you typically see?

1600W isn't that much. What amp is that? That may be fine on stock electrical, as your friend has proved. 3kW is a different ballgame. Your alternator will be stressed though may not die, but your amp may, due to low voltage. OP's vehicle almost definitely has a small alternator, and will not provide near the power required for a 3kW amp. Not for a proper daily setup that has the amp set to produce max power anyway. And head light dimming is hardly a decent test. It's a good indicator that you're drawing current yes, but a horrible test.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    Just because I'm interested, what voltages do you typically see?

1600W isn't that much. What amp is that? That may be fine on stock electrical, as your friend has proved. 3kW is a different ballgame. Your alternator will be stressed though may not die, but your amp may, due to low voltage. OP's vehicle almost definitely has a small alternator, and will not provide near the power required for a 3kW amp. Not for a proper daily setup that has the amp set to produce max power anyway. And head light dimming is hardly a decent test. It's a good indicator that you're drawing current yes, but a horrible test.
    Not exactly sure what the amp is, its a rockford amp, power series I think. Big square looking amp. Not sure what kind of voltages he's getting, and your right he is probably getting low voltage, so low that it could cause damage. Ive tried helping and he kinda doesn't care.

For the head light dimming, I just meant if the lights are dimming, then there is a problem. I mentioned a volt meter in a previous post and said keep a eye on it.

Did you mean what voltages I see in my car?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not exactly sure what the amp is, its a rockford amp, power series I think. Big square looking amp. Not sure what kind of voltages he's getting, and your right he is probably getting low voltage, so low that it could cause damage. Ive tried helping and he kinda doesn't care.

For the head light dimming, I just meant if the lights are dimming, then there is a problem. I mentioned a volt meter in a previous post and said keep a eye on it.

Did you mean what voltages I see in my car?
    Yeah, yours and his. You are running a 2k right?

15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should be fine running 2k. Im running about 1600w on stock alt(dont know how big, but no more than 100amps)and yellow top optima under the hood.

For the big 3 all I have done is the battery ground.

I do have a volt meter, just keep an eye on it and dont let the volts dip too low and you will be fine.

For the sub question I dont know. Personal preference I guess.
    Im running 1600w (mids and subs), loud music playing the volts are around 14.3-13.5 , when its really cranked it can drop to 13.5-13

Thats pretty good right? or am I all wrong about this?

Opps i just realized he wants to run 3k, not the 2k

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im running 1600w (mids and subs), loud music playing the volts are around 14.3-13.5 , when its really cranked it can drop to 13.5-13

Thats pretty good right? or am I all wrong about this?

Opps i just realized he wants to run 3k, not the 2k
    No, that's not bad. And he wants to run a 3k on top of his front stage amp, not total.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah my mistake

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast