Reload Thread: H/O Alt help

Loudmp5 is offline skyhigh&banginlow

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Re: H/O Alt help

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    No, that's not bad. And he wants to run a 3k on top of his front stage amp, not total.
    Ya im kinda thinking it aint gunna happen tho im still waiting on a reply about the alts tho and i bumped my thread up because im wanting to know about stress on my alt from having both the batts (d3400s) and amp strain and yes i do not want to blow an amp there not really cheap lol, and also what is the best way of going about this 2 big batts 1 huge batt and a opima or somehin under the hood im just wanting opinions

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms,An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject,Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.,Gun control is not about guns; it's about control,You only have the rights you are willing to fight for,Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety,You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive,Assault is a behavior, not a device,64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday,All Rights Reserved,The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others,What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?,guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 215sinastang View Post
    Ya im kinda thinking it aint gunna happen tho im still waiting on a reply about the alts tho and i bumped my thread up because im wanting to know about stress on my alt from having both the batts (d3400s) and amp strain and yes i do not want to blow an amp there not really cheap lol, and also what is the best way of going about this 2 big batts 1 huge batt and a opima or somehin under the hood im just wanting opinions
    I wouldnt get Optima unless you can get a good deal, their quality has gone down lately. Put the biggest one under the hood that you can, and if you are buying another one, may as well get the biggest one you can fit in the back. No sense in buying only a little to just get by, if you can afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I wouldnt get Optima unless you can get a good deal, their quality has gone down lately. Put the biggest one under the hood that you can, and if you are buying another one, may as well get the biggest one you can fit in the back. No sense in buying only a little to just get by, if you can afford it.
    You think 2 d3400s would be good or do you have anything to recommend also if cant get the alt im wanting to go 2k plus my mids/highs amp

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms,An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject,Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.,Gun control is not about guns; it's about control,You only have the rights you are willing to fight for,Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety,You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive,Assault is a behavior, not a device,64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday,All Rights Reserved,The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others,What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?,guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Nathan over at Excessive Amperage said he can make me a 160 amp alt, So whats the most i could get out of this with say a d3400 under the hood and a d 3100 in the back?

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

160A is the biggest you can find? Have you contacted all the companies you can? Look around.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Team Ampere is offline Team Ampere Audio-Alabama

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heebs 09gts View Post
    Not exactly sure what the amp is, its a rockford amp, power series I think. Big square looking amp. Not sure what kind of voltages he's getting, and your right he is probably getting low voltage, so low that it could cause damage. Ive tried helping and he kinda doesn't care.

For the head light dimming, I just meant if the lights are dimming, then there is a problem. I mentioned a volt meter in a previous post and said keep a eye on it.

Did you mean what voltages I see in my car?
    TheBatteryMan

check out my Powerware AGM batteries , and i also have a ton of 55ah and 77ah C&D batteries if you prefer those. A solid batt bank, and you will prolly be fine with 1500-2k. Prolly 100-200ah worth of batts and u will stay in teh high 12s or low 13s

1997 Cadillac Seville
    30 cube Clamshell designed and installed by Neill Barber @ Audio Extremes
    6-Sundown ZV3 15"s d2....Sub Amps-AMPERE AUDIO 3800.1s
    Fiberglass Front Doors done by Me...6-Crescendo PWX 10s...6-Selenuim ST200s...Mids/Highs amps-AMPERE AUDIO 125.4s
    Head Unit-Pioneer 80prs
    Sky High 1/0, XS Power XP FLEX 8g
    Tenney 320a alt
    Batteries-Powerware Group 31s-(12 of them bastards)
    3" lift kit by Lift-a-brand.. 24" Verde Helix Rims

njknittle is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nicholasmccabe View Post
    TheBatteryMan

check out my Powerware AGM batteries , and i also have a ton of 55ah and 77ah C&D batteries if you prefer those. A solid batt bank, and you will prolly be fine with 1500-2k. Prolly 100-200ah worth of batts and u will stay in teh high 12s or low 13s
    This guy here! He has great customer service. And you wont pay out the yang for a battery

2 SA-12s
    Rockford Fosgate T1500-bdcp
    1 Alpine IDA-x200
    200 Amp Excessive Amperage Alternator
    Type R 6.5s
    Rockford Fosgate for the 6.5s
    Custom Box tuned to 30hz Designed by RAM_Designs

Team Ampere is offline Team Ampere Audio-Alabama

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by njknittle View Post
    This guy here! He has great customer service. And you wont pay out the yang for a battery
    Thank you amigo. Your battery will be to you in the next 3 days.

Nick

1997 Cadillac Seville
    30 cube Clamshell designed and installed by Neill Barber @ Audio Extremes
    6-Sundown ZV3 15"s d2....Sub Amps-AMPERE AUDIO 3800.1s
    Fiberglass Front Doors done by Me...6-Crescendo PWX 10s...6-Selenuim ST200s...Mids/Highs amps-AMPERE AUDIO 125.4s
    Head Unit-Pioneer 80prs
    Sky High 1/0, XS Power XP FLEX 8g
    Tenney 320a alt
    Batteries-Powerware Group 31s-(12 of them bastards)
    3" lift kit by Lift-a-brand.. 24" Verde Helix Rims

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

160A is the biggest you can find? Have you contacted all the companies you can? Look around.
    Yep all said no, except for Excessive Amperage Said he couldn't go bigger without having to do an aftermarket bracket and i have NO room for a bracket everything is crammed so tight (i really dont like the engine compartment in this car, **** japs) so ya 160 is pretty much it..

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yep all said no, except for Excessive Amperage Said he couldn't go bigger without having to do an aftermarket bracket and i have NO room for a bracket everything is crammed so tight (i really dont like the engine compartment in this car, **** japs) so ya 160 is pretty much it..

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Holy chit mega post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Holy chit mega post

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2