Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 2500 watts- what do i need?

GreekBrotha8 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)

2500 watts- what do i need?

I'm trying to get this all straightened out so I can figure out what I need to buy. Right now everything is stock; batt, alt, etc. I have a brz 2100 that I will be running, and I don't see myself ever going over 2500 in the future. Will be doing the big 3 soon. My main question is what size alt would be sufficient and number of batteries/types/size?
    I was thinking of getting a 76ah agm for under the hood from The Battery Man, and a 165a alt from excessive amperage??

Car is a 2004 honda civic.
    thanks in advance for any help!

rebelfromva is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1605 Post(s)

Re: 2500 watts- what do i need?

Quote Originally Posted by GreekBrotha8 View Post
    I'm trying to get this all straightened out so I can figure out what I need to buy. Right now everything is stock; batt, alt, etc. I have a brz 2100 that I will be running, and I don't see myself ever going over 2500 in the future. Will be doing the big 3 soon. My main question is what size alt would be sufficient and number of batteries/types/size?
    I was thinking of getting a 76ah agm for under the hood from The Battery Man, and a 165a alt from excessive amperage??

Car is a 2004 honda civic.
    thanks in advance for any help!

Is that the biggest alt you can fit? I ran my c&d with no big 3 on 2.0k and held great voltage. You could prob get by with a 150ah batt but if the price is right, I'd do the alt. stay tuned tomorrow for a discount on thebatteryman batts. We are having a Black Friday sale on top of our great prices!

09 Cobalt LT
    Headunit -Alpine CDA-9887
    Front Stage - PHD FB 6.1 PRO SIX M/B, FB 5.1 m/b, FB 1.1b tweets
    Highs amp -Pheonix Gold Xenon 100.4 & 200.4
    Sub stage - 2 DC M2 LVL 5 12s
    Sub amp - 2 DC 5.0Ks
    Electrical - Singer 270 alt, big 3 0/1 & 12g ofc audio technix, 2 XS d3400s
    Deadener - 80 mill Audiotechnix deadener
    "Trunk hit hard like Kimbo Slice"
    TEAM DC AUDIO

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1850 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rebelfromva View Post
    Is that the biggest alt you can fit? I ran my c&d with no big 3 on 2.0k and held great voltage. You could prob get by with a 150ah batt but if the price is right, I'd do the alt. stay tuned tomorrow for a discount on thebatteryman batts. We are having a Black Friday sale on top of our great prices!
    Why would you not do the big 3 with a HO alt? Please tell me you have it done now.

OP, grab a bigger alt. Look around at the different alt companies, someone will be able to make you something bigger than 200A, which is what you will want.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

rebelfromva is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1605 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    Why would you not do the big 3 with a HO alt? Please tell me you have it done now.

OP, grab a bigger alt. Look around at the different alt companies, someone will be able to make you something bigger than 200A, which is what you will want.
    I had my 2.0k before my ho alt.

09 Cobalt LT
    Headunit -Alpine CDA-9887
    Front Stage - PHD FB 6.1 PRO SIX M/B, FB 5.1 m/b, FB 1.1b tweets
    Highs amp -Pheonix Gold Xenon 100.4 & 200.4
    Sub stage - 2 DC M2 LVL 5 12s
    Sub amp - 2 DC 5.0Ks
    Electrical - Singer 270 alt, big 3 0/1 & 12g ofc audio technix, 2 XS d3400s
    Deadener - 80 mill Audiotechnix deadener
    "Trunk hit hard like Kimbo Slice"
    TEAM DC AUDIO

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1850 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rebelfromva View Post
    I had my 2.0k before my ho alt.
    Oh ok. You didn't put that in your post, and you were talking about the alt before that, so I just kinda assumed.

15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)

I have looked around and they do make some, just a bit costly lol. So a 200a alt and that agm under the hood and I should be okay?

Team Ampere is offline Team Ampere Audio-Alabama

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    361 Post(s)

I have looked around and they do make some, just a bit costly lol. So a 200a alt and that agm under the hood and I should be okay?

I would imagine you would be fine. The 200a is still a nice sized alt. with 2500 watts, you will want a decently sized battery though. Iwould even go so far as to run a 55ah or 75ah undeer the hood, as well as a nice 100+ah as a reserve. Insaying that, the 1 under the hood may get you by for awhile until you can get another for reserve. As rebel stated , we are having black friday specials on everything we currently have in stock. JUst let us know if your interested in at least getting an AGM for under the hood, and we can also offer you a blow-out deal on a combo.

TheBatteryMan

1997 Cadillac Seville
    30 cube Clamshell designed and installed by Neill Barber @ Audio Extremes
    6-Sundown ZV3 15"s d2....Sub Amps-AMPERE AUDIO 3800.1s
    Fiberglass Front Doors done by Me...6-Crescendo PWX 10s...6-Selenuim ST200s...Mids/Highs amps-AMPERE AUDIO 125.4s
    Head Unit-Pioneer 80prs
    Sky High 1/0, XS Power XP FLEX 8g
    Tenney 320a alt
    Batteries-Powerware Group 31s-(12 of them bastards)
    3" lift kit by Lift-a-brand.. 24" Verde Helix Rims

Team Ampere is offline Team Ampere Audio-Alabama

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    361 Post(s)

ALso, let me sleep on the Popcorn/AB trade. Ledt u know tomorrow

TheBatteryMan

1997 Cadillac Seville
    30 cube Clamshell designed and installed by Neill Barber @ Audio Extremes
    6-Sundown ZV3 15"s d2....Sub Amps-AMPERE AUDIO 3800.1s
    Fiberglass Front Doors done by Me...6-Crescendo PWX 10s...6-Selenuim ST200s...Mids/Highs amps-AMPERE AUDIO 125.4s
    Head Unit-Pioneer 80prs
    Sky High 1/0, XS Power XP FLEX 8g
    Tenney 320a alt
    Batteries-Powerware Group 31s-(12 of them bastards)
    3" lift kit by Lift-a-brand.. 24" Verde Helix Rims

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1850 Post(s)

Yeah, unfortunately electrical is costly, but necessary. If you can get a bigger one, might as well go for it if it's only a few bucks more. But I think you should probably be fine with that, and get the biggest battery you can under the hood. You may not need a second. Definitely buy a voltage meter, it will help a lot, and watch the volume knob close when you first bump it the first couple times.

FWIW, I have a 270A alt with a Yellowtop under the hood running a DC 2.0k and a 175.4. Even at idle, I VERY rarely see my batteries resting voltage. Give it some RPM's, and I rarely see below 13.6V.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nicholasmccabe View Post
    ALso, let me sleep on the Popcorn/AB trade. Ledt u know tomorrow

TheBatteryMan
    I think you got the wrong person about that trade lol.
    Ok I will be pming you about some batts.

last question- would i be better off buying say, a yellowtop for under the hood, and then getting one of those powerwares for the trunk? or would it not even matter?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)

Yeah, unfortunately electrical is costly, but necessary. If you can get a bigger one, might as well go for it if it's only a few bucks more. But I think you should probably be fine with that, and get the biggest battery you can under the hood. You may not need a second. Definitely buy a voltage meter, it will help a lot, and watch the volume knob close when you first bump it the first couple times.

FWIW, I have a 270A alt with a Yellowtop under the hood running a DC 2.0k and a 175.4. Even at idle, I VERY rarely see my batteries resting voltage. Give it some RPM's, and I rarely see below 13.6V.
    That's what I figured. Best to spend more money now and be satisfied than to try and jimmy rig it all later.
    Would a yellowtop be better under the hood than a 76ah agm c and d batt?? I know nothing of batteries lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1850 Post(s)

That's what I figured. Best to spend more money now and be satisfied than to try and jimmy rig it all later.
    Would a yellowtop be better under the hood than a 76ah agm c and d batt?? I know nothing of batteries lol
    The Battery Man should be able to set you up well. There has been a lot of reports of bad Optima's lately. Mine rests at 12.2V and I got it in August. Take that how you will.

Closed Thread