Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 23 of 23

Reload Thread: fusing

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    any wet spot i can find
    Posts
    3,282
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Re: fusing

    Quote Originally Posted by B2WJ4.7 View Post
    fusing is forpussies
    yea, well, not all of us use portable welding machines for amps....love those B2's brah.




    "Bailout: Taking a trillion dollars from the people and giving it to the banks so the banks can loan it back to the people, at interest!"

  2. Likes splwj47 liked this post



  3. #17
    infamous_e46's Avatar
    infamous_e46 is offline hArRy_DaNgLeRs



    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    HaTeRs On My dlcK LiKe A JeAn ZiPpEr
    Posts
    25,934
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

    Re: fusing

    the question is how are you powering all of this ?

    im just asking since your asking about fusing lol



    Quote Originally Posted by RyanM923 View Post
    Damn, look at that midget ***...love me a midget ***. 3 foot 4 standing up, 3 foot 6 sitting down.
    Quote Originally Posted by michaellane View Post
    don dont come in here ruining my thread. i hate you and jose

    www.alphadamp.com
    Got Mad Feedback Son http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/364675-infamous_e46s-feedback-thread.html#post5697823

  4. #18
    nismotwin's Avatar
    nismotwin is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: fusing

    Thanks gckless for the cap info. however, not to start a debate, I respect everone's brain here. I think I'll keep the caps and add the HO alt. because they are and again very efficent at charge\discharge and will serve as a good buffer for the batteries and alt. reguardless if they actually add any addition true capacitance to the electrical supply the reason I think this is because the alt. and batt's don't react fast enough to the current demand (voltage and amperage) at full volume by the amps. Realisticaly I at most times will not be at full current flow (full volume) so I don't need a power supply that will be up for the challenge, BUT I want it to perform when I want it too also. What do you think about that?




  5. #19
    gckless's Avatar
    gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    4,106
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

    Re: fusing

    Quote Originally Posted by nismotwin View Post
    Thanks gckless for the cap info. however, not to start a debate, I respect everone's brain here. I think I'll keep the caps and add the HO alt. because they are and again very efficent at charge\discharge and will serve as a good buffer for the batteries and alt. reguardless if they actually add any addition true capacitance to the electrical supply the reason I think this is because the alt. and batt's don't react fast enough to the current demand (voltage and amperage) at full volume by the amps. Realisticaly I at most times will not be at full current flow (full volume) so I don't need a power supply that will be up for the challenge, BUT I want it to perform when I want it too also. What do you think about that?
    That will do well. As long as you realize that a cap does not provide power, you will be fine. Have the electrical to run your system properly without the cap, and the cap will help. If you don't have enough balls in your system to run it without the cap, and the cap will do more harm than good in there.



    Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

    Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

  6. #20
    nismotwin's Avatar
    nismotwin is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: fusing

    Thanks again everyone! Not to start a debate, I respect everyones brain here, BUT I think I wil get a HO alt. and keep the caps and here's why, As I stated the caps are very efficent at charge\discharge and will serve as a good buffer for the alt. and batteries, as the current draw from the amps is not constant even at full flow (volume) and most f the time for me the system will not be at full volume so I don't need a power supply that will support that but I want it to be up to the task for when I want it to be for short periods. What do you think about that?




  7. #21
    gckless's Avatar
    gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    4,106
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

    Re: fusing

    Quote Originally Posted by nismotwin View Post
    Thanks again everyone! Not to start a debate, I respect everyones brain here, BUT I think I wil get a HO alt. and keep the caps and here's why, As I stated the caps are very efficent at charge\discharge and will serve as a good buffer for the alt. and batteries, as the current draw from the amps is not constant even at full flow (volume) and most f the time for me the system will not be at full volume so I don't need a power supply that will support that but I want it to be up to the task for when I want it to be for short periods. What do you think about that?
    Again man, that's a good way to go.



    Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

    Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

  8. #22
    nismotwin's Avatar
    nismotwin is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: fusing

    Yes didn't think of it like that but your right..... In effect the caps will become the load in the circuit (more so than the amps) if the charging system is not up to the task, robbing the amps of current because there tring to recharge themselves.




  9. #23
    murph's Avatar
    murph is offline Low for Life



    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Richmond,VA
    Posts
    3,950
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

    Re: fusing

    Fuse each run to the highest rating the wire can take.



    Hu: kenwood kdc-x995
    Sub: Boston acoustics G5 12 in a quasi 6th order
    Amp: Phoenix gold zx600.2 ti
    Front Speakers: Eclipse sc6500
    HIT UP FOR BASS ---> http://www.youtube.com/user/BassWithMurph?feature=mhee

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Head Unit works but keeps blowing fuses
    By bigjon16 in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-12-2002, 12:24 PM
  2. Rockford 700s fuse question, please help
    By JMPisGOD in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-02-2002, 05:46 PM
  3. fuse on power connestion
    By kriskig in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-23-2002, 11:27 AM
  4. My head unit works but keeps blowing fuses, i need help
    By bigjon16 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-10-2002, 11:54 PM
  5. 70 amp fuse for jbl 1200.1
    By muffmanaj in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-24-2002, 11:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum