Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hooked up correctly, power, but no sound. :(

I have an MTX RT2200X 60amp amplifier( 425 watts) and one subwoofer, MTX T8124(400 watts rms) 1000 watts peak). I originally had this installed in my '94 honda civic. Now I want it in my 94 accord. The only difference between the installation now and my previou installation is that the last head unit I had didn't have RCA out, so it was hooked up via hi input to the rear speakers, my civic was DX, came standard with only 2 front speakers. So the rear speaker wires were hooked up to the hi inputs in the amp.

My current setup has the same amp, and sub, but I'm using RCA cables now. I have a sony head unit, the old models, but it has rear/front out RCA outputs. I have the power running down the right side of my car, in between the battery and amp I have a 60 amp fuse, and the power is hooked up to the [batt+] of the amp. The [ground] part I screwed a wire into the chassis of my trunk. The output from the amp, it's 2 channel, I have it bridged, from the 1st channel: left (+), and 2nd channel: right (-). Those went out to my sub. I have my RCA signal cables running down the left side of my car and into the amp. There's also [remote+] but I have nothing hooked up to it. There's already power going through. The crossover button is off.

When I start my car, and turn on the radio, the power of the amp is on, but I hear no sound. It's as if no signal is going through. I'm not sure if the problem is between the head unit, that no signal is coming out, or from the amplifier to the sub, as in it's not transmitting any sound to the sub. I don't know what's wrong. This is my first installation, I don't want to pay $50 for someone to install it.. I hope someone can help me. Thank you.

Ming Huang

ra4u2nv is offline Jimmy Beef

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Try another pair of RCA's thru the outside just reall quick see if that solves your problem if it doesn't try another speaker or if you have a volt meter then that would help you to see if there is signal from the head unit to the amp and from the amp to the sub also why did you say the remote wire is not connected from the amp to the head unit do you have the amp with a switch or how

rubix777 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I finally figured out what was wrong. My ground wasn't connected directly to the chassis. I opened up the mat in my trunk, where the spare tire was and saw that there was another ground wire there. I screwed my amp ground wire along with the original ground wire. The light is now bright and I hear bass. I've also cut a piece of wood engraved with the shape of my enclosure so it doesn't roll around in my trunk while I'm pulling sharp turns.

On at amp, I have the [bass] setting at 100% and the [gain] setting at 75%. I have my head unit with bass, output low. What's hard to figure out is how to make it so that my stock speakers are going their loudest without distortion, caused by bass.

How do you set your volumes, and bass settings on your head unit and your amp?

gator4thehaters is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would turn the amp off and turn the radio volume up. Then turn the bass control to the highest it would go before the distortion started becoming distinct. The same for the amp. Once you figure out where you want the bass for your factory stuff, do the same for the amp by turning the gain(s) to the highest point you can without distortion. Happy bumping!!!!

Live life 2 the full cuz u only live once!

taylor is offline THUNDER TUNES IS A FLAMER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    replace your stock speakers and amp them as well, that is how you get rid of distortion...

natem33 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A cheaper solution would be to install small non-polarized capacitors or a bass blockers in line with your stock speakers. It would reduce damaging low bass frequencies going to your stock speakers.

livin_louder is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: hooked up correctly, power, but no sound. :(

Quote Originally Posted by rubix777
    I have an MTX RT2200X 60amp amplifier( 425 watts) and one subwoofer, MTX T8124(400 watts rms) 1000 watts peak). I originally had this installed in my '94 honda civic. Now I want it in my 94 accord. The only difference between the installation now and my previou installation is that the last head unit I had didn't have RCA out, so it was hooked up via hi input to the rear speakers, my civic was DX, came standard with only 2 front speakers. So the rear speaker wires were hooked up to the hi inputs in the amp.

My current setup has the same amp, and sub, but I'm using RCA cables now. I have a sony head unit, the old models, but it has rear/front out RCA outputs. I have the power running down the right side of my car, in between the battery and amp I have a 60 amp fuse, and the power is hooked up to the [batt+] of the amp. The [ground] part I screwed a wire into the chassis of my trunk. The output from the amp, it's 2 channel, I have it bridged, from the 1st channel: left (+), and 2nd channel: right (-). Those went out to my sub. I have my RCA signal cables running down the left side of my car and into the amp. There's also [remote+] but I have nothing hooked up to it. There's already power going through. The crossover button is off.

When I start my car, and turn on the radio, the power of the amp is on, but I hear no sound. It's as if no signal is going through. I'm not sure if the problem is between the head unit, that no signal is coming out, or from the amplifier to the sub, as in it's not transmitting any sound to the sub. I don't know what's wrong. This is my first installation, I don't want to pay $50 for someone to install it.. I hope someone can help me. Thank you.

Ming Huang
    You need to have the remote wire hooked up if I read correctly that nothing is hooked to the remote treminal on the amp. You can run a small peice of wire from the power (+) on the amp to the remote terminal (only to test the amp and see if that fixes the issue). If it does fix it, then run a wire (16ga is fine for the remote wire) from the remote terminal on the amp to a power source in your car that is switched; i.e. something that only comes on when the ignition is turned on. Most likely, there is a remote turn-on wire located on the back of your head unit.

JoseMCeee is offline $tack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by natem33
    A cheaper solution would be to install small non-polarized capacitors or a bass blockers in line with your stock speakers. It would reduce damaging low bass frequencies going to your stock speakers.
    Wouldnt that almost be the same price of some cheap comps?

johnecon2001 is offline SSA/ROE Super-Møderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If its a sony deck he has LPF filters for his mains built in.. just turn them on bro, set it to like 75hz.

Don't PM me, I'm not here. Find me on SSA or ROE
    No, I won't re-upload the Big3 pictures. Don't ask.

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd hope he has figured it out by now

Nikuk is offline Been Gone Too Long

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

christ almighty....

What the f00k happened to this place?

nowhiz is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i have a question, i just hooked up poweracoustik 12" fbr subs ( 700 rms apiece, 1400 max) im running a 500 rms watt amp, (i already had the wires ran from my old system) when i turn up the radio its sounds good but then it cuts out. I messed with it awhile and fount it was my remote wire ( wich is ran directly to my head unit with fuse) any suggestions?

ANeonRider is offline teamSSAudio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squeak9798
    I'd hope he has figured it out by now

Me too, usually 2 years is enough.

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nowhiz
    I messed with it awhile and fount it was my remote wire ( wich is ran directly to my head unit with fuse) any suggestions?
    Yeah, fix the problem You said it was the remote wire......how exactly did you determine this? Wiggling it affect it?

nowhiz is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ya wiggeling it after the amp would shout off

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast