Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

help with alternator/battery/wiring kit

Hello all! Im just posting this thread to see if all these components will go good together for my new system.

I have a 2002 Pontiac Montana(Van), with 1 18'' SSA ZCON, and a Sundown 3500.

What I want to upgrade/install;

Alternator- 7861-SPX High Amp Alternator 300amps

Front Battery(under hood)- OPTIMA Battery 8078-109 78 REDTOP

Rear Battery- XS Power D1600 16v Battery, Max Amps 2400A.

Wiring Kit- XS Flex 0 AWG

PS. These items are NOT set in stone, if there's anything that I should change, plz let me know, thank you. Oh, I would like to supply my amp with atleast 14.4v, consistently. And again, Thank You!

2. Likes winkychevelle liked this post

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)

Re: help with alternator/battery/wiring kit

Ummm, is that redtop a 16V battery, and your system 16V? If not, that rear 16V guy isn't going to work in there. Pick a different rear battery.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5041 Post(s)

you can not run a 16 volt battery on a 12 volt system[car]there is a 14 volt xs battery ,use it instead of the ones you picked

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 03 Mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

James84 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    you can not run a 16 volt battery on a 12 volt system[car]there is a 14 volt xs battery ,use it instead of the ones you picked
    what about this- XS Power D1400 14v AGM Battery, Max Amps 2400A

Other than that, does everything look good?

This is about the amp. Which should I go for, Sundown or Crescendo? The ZCON is 2250rms, and the Crescendo BC2000D can do 2250rms, I would think that would be a great match, right? Or I could go for the BC3500D for almost $500 less then the Sundown SAZ-3500D. Is Sundown really that much better? Thank you!

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5041 Post(s)

i like the sundown amps ,might look for used,as they are pricey.it would be a god match either way

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 03 Mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)

Yeah, the sundown amps are better, but not worth the extra cash bought brand new. Look for one used, they run about the same price as new BC3500's. But if you're buying brand new for sure then I would say the Crescendo would do just fine.

15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

winkychevelle is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    741 Post(s)

Also dc power alt recently told me they would not warrenty there alts when used with optima batterries. They claim that since optima started making batteries in mexico the quality of there batteries has droppes so exponentially that the 14.9 charge voltage they use causes the batts to swell and short out. They claim that when this happens there is a possibility that the discharge from the battery could fry some if the internals if the alt.

I never had a problem before with optimas but i recently had a customer blowout two g34 yellowtops. So i called dc power for there opinion on the matter and they told me what i said above. I since then have replaced the optimas with the xs power d3400 and the customer is happy with no problems to report of

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel
    Big sq install on the horizon if money stays good
    2012 Nissan Versa Hatch
    Deadened but stock, girls ride now

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by winkychevelle View Post
    Also dc power alt recently told me they would not warrenty there alts when used with optima batterries. They claim that since optima started making batteries in mexico the quality of there batteries has droppes so exponentially that the 14.9 charge voltage they use causes the batts to swell and short out. They claim that when this happens there is a possibility that the discharge from the battery could fry some if the internals if the alt.

I never had a problem before with optimas but i recently had a customer blowout two g34 yellowtops. So i called dc power for there opinion on the matter and they told me what i said above. I since then have replaced the optimas with the xs power d3400 and the customer is happy with no problems to report of
    This is good to know. I've got a DC 270XP, and when it's cold, it charges at 15.2V initially, and drops to about 14.7V after about 10 minutes of driving. I've got a yellowtop under the hood. I'll be pulling it out soon to sell the car, and I will not be purchasing a yellowtop for my new vehicle the DC will go in

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    This is good to know. I've got a DC 270XP, and when it's cold, it charges at 15.2V initially, and drops to about 14.7V after about 10 minutes of driving. I've got a yellowtop under the hood. I'll be pulling it out soon to sell the car, and I will not be purchasing a yellowtop for my new vehicle the DC will go in
    Quote Originally Posted by winkychevelle View Post

What battery should I go for under the hood?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

double post, sorry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)

Whatever size XS will fit. Go on their website, they give dimensions.

winkychevelle is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    741 Post(s)

Should be the d3400 or s3400 under the hood typical gm size the s3400 just has a steel case making it more resiliant during impacts and crashes

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel
    Big sq install on the horizon if money stays good
    2012 Nissan Versa Hatch
    Deadened but stock, girls ride now

Closed Thread