Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reload Thread: Big 3??

gckless is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Re: Big 3??

Quote Originally Posted by NASTY08IMPALA View Post
    using 250 on that amp is not gona help it the amp has a problem ..the fuse wont pop..ur amp will
    Do you know he doesn't have fuses on the amp? I don't think he said what model he has, just "old school Hifonics", right? Maybe I missed it.

if ur gona run 250 u might as well havze no fuses til u get a amp that will draw 250
    This is bad. He said he was running 1/0AWG in post #27 . Even if the amp doesn't draw 250, that inline fuse is there to protect the wire. Unless he meant that's what he WILL be running, even though that's not what he wrote.

oh hes not running 1/0 ??? yea u cant fuse that high ...pointless because 4 ga wont carry that ..i see smoke.n flames in ur future
    ^^This.

OP, the fuses you run close to the positive terminals of the battery should be fused for the capacity of the wire. That's what it is there to protect, not the amp. In most cases it does protect the amp, but that's not the original intention. If you want to fuse smaller specifically for the amp, run another fuse just before the amp of a smaller size. If you are running 2 batteries, you could put that in between your rear battery and the amp. But in between the 2 batteries fuses rated for the capacity of the wire, no more and no less.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

NASTY08IMPALA is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

exactly but if your amp is fused at 100 and you got a 250 in there and u have a problem ..ur amp is done ..even if the amp doesnt have fuses and it needs to be fused at say 150 u got the same problem

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

sorry if i missed anything else hard to type on phone while doin my job ..or spose to be doin anyways

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    Do you know he doesn't have fuses on the amp? I don't think he said what model he has, just "old school Hifonics", right? Maybe I missed it.

This is bad. He said he was running 1/0AWG in post #27 . Even if the amp doesn't draw 250, that inline fuse is there to protect the wire. Unless he meant that's what he WILL be running, even though that's not what he wrote.

^^This.

OP, the fuses you run close to the positive terminals of the battery should be fused for the capacity of the wire. That's what it is there to protect, not the amp. In most cases it does protect the amp, but that's not the original intention. If you want to fuse smaller specifically for the amp, run another fuse just before the amp of a smaller size. If you are running 2 batteries, you could put that in between your rear battery and the amp. But in between the 2 batteries fuses rated for the capacity of the wire, no more and no less.
    i mean am i correct or am i missing somethin

Timmy13091 is offline Team DC

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

sorry if i missed anything else hard to type on phone while doin my job ..or spose to be doin anyways
    I guess I just don't see why when running the big three that I should run more then a 150 amp from alt to battery (step of big three) when yea I'm pushing more to my amp but I'm talking about the wire I'm upgrading from alt to my batt why fuse needs to be so high when the alt is only a 120 amp how could I need a bigger fuse on that wire .. I know I need to run proper size fuze from my main run of zero to amp ... But I'm just askin bout wire upgraded from alt to Batt under hood in big three???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

exactly but if your amp is fused at 100 and you got a 250 in there and u have a problem ..ur amp is done ..even if the amp doesnt have fuses and it needs to be fused at say 150 u got the same problem
    Well right, but if the amp has fuses those will blow, that's why they are there. And if it doesnt have fuses, then run another one right before the amp. Though really, you are correct, you could always run a smaller fuse anywhere. It's just not the best way of doing things. Especially between 2 batteries.

OP, basically, make up a diagram of what you are currently running, and what you intend to run, and we will put up where and what fuses to run.

15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

oh ur just talking about the fuse from batt to alt in big 3 ..just run whatever u want in bc if somethin fails or wire comes off and arcs ..its gona pop any fuse u have ..it doesnt affect the other fusing..but id put a 250 there if ur gona fuse it so you get a good flow from batt to alt ..thats why i didnt fuse from my alt to batt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

we totally thought u were talking about the fuse going to second batt and then to amp...def do those fuses for what your amp is capapble of

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

oh ur just talking about the fuse from batt to alt in big 3 ..just run whatever u want in bc if somethin fails or wire comes off and arcs ..its gona pop any fuse u have ..it doesnt affect the other fusing..but id put a 250 there if ur gona fuse it so you get a good flow from batt to alt ..thats why i didnt fuse from my alt to batt
    we totally thought u were talking about the fuse going to second batt and then to amp...def do those fuses for what your amp is capapble of
    Who's "we"? Lol.

And no, I said what I was talking about. Alternator to battery (if you do it. Honestly I don't, but it's good practice), and front battery to rear battery(ies), should all be fused for the capacity of your wire. Only from rear battery to amp, or a second additional one just in front of the amp if you are only running one battery, should you run a smaller one just for the amp.

Again, this is the commonly accepted "best" way to do things. For the most part, you could always run a smaller fuse anywhere and be fine, you just might end up popping it. But never run a larger one than what your wire is rated for. Defeats the purpose of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

yes i misunderstood op run a 250 from alt to batt a 250 from batt to batt ..then what your amp needs to be fused at from second batt to amp

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

my bad op ur wire is ofc ..run a 300 from alt to batt ..300 from batt to batt then fuse for amp from second batt to amp

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

my bad op ur wire is ofc ..run a 300 from alt to batt ..300 from batt to batt then fuse for amp from second batt to amp

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    is been a long 12 hours at work ..my vision gets blurred ..ill get it right sooner or later

Montana is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

This.. is still going?

Fuse 300amp on anything going to a positive terminal on batt, and fuse whatever your amp is rated on amp end. (although that appears to not be the issue, just throwing it out there)

Yeah, I just retyped what you all said.

Mmmm..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    This.. is still going?

Fuse 300amp on anything going to a positive terminal on batt, and fuse whatever your amp is rated on amp end. (although that appears to not be the issue, just throwing it out there)

Yeah, I just retyped what you all said.

Mmmm..
    derpp

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast