Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Good Setup? - 2010 4Runner

Samn337 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good Setup? - 2010 4Runner

I have a 2010 Limited 4Runner with the stock JBL speakers still in, I want to replace them, but the thing is I have no knowledge at this kind of stuff and I need suggestions and guidance!

I currently have a JLW7 in a prowedge box powered by a JL750HD AMP but the bass is very over powering, so I need to match it. I am looking for something to match it.

I have done a lot of digging and picking... I have a very high budget on this whole deal so, here is what I was thinking.

I need a yay or a nay.

C2-690TX- (FRONT 2 DOORS)
    C2-650X- (PASSENGER doors)
    BASS KNOB
    HD600/4 (AMP)
    JL CLEANSWEEP

Questions:

I need the clean sweep because I don't want to buy a new head-unit, is this correct?

What kind of wiring do it need? Links would be appreciated.

The front door is 6x9 and the passenger seats are 6.5?

winkychevelle is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Re: Good Setup? - 2010 4Runner

Ditch the rear speakers and put the extra money into a better set of fronts like the c5 6.5 components or better yet look around on hear and learn why people hate on jl. And you dont have the cleansweep now and your subs are hooked up so really it isnt needed but a good processir always helps. Im just not familiar enough to say if the jl is what you want.

And i wish i had your wallet man u got more in your substage than my whole car but i can garantee mine is louded and probably sounds better.

Your talking about overbearing bass with 1 little w7 on 750wthe lol try a setup like mine a 58lb monster on 2000w in a real box not some prefab crap

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel
    Big sq install on the horizon if money stays good
    2012 Nissan Versa Hatch
    Deadened but stock, girls ride now

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wouldn't the installers need to cut the speakers since my fronts are 6x9? I was about to invest in one of those high speakers, c5+, but they didn't come in the 6x9.

gckless is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

There's adapters to use 6.5's in 6x9 holes. Just make sure you seal everything well. Install plays a bigger part than gear selection usually.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    There's adapters to use 6.5's in 6x9 holes. Just make sure you seal everything well. Install plays a bigger part than gear selection usually.
    Cool Deal. Where am I suppose to purchase these adaptors? or the installers usually have these?

Sorry, I feel like a complete idiot with these questions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

They would need to make or use adapter plates. Most people put a stupid amount of time and miney into there bass but forget the rest, you were one of them but if you take your tine abd have the door speakers installed correctly, deadened and sealed thend properly eq'd on decent power you can have an amazing feont stage to match the bass. As for the rears i would just leave them stock, making them loud just ruins the front stage.

Put it this way ive got a $1000 buget for my front doors 500 on the speakers then 500 on the install which the labor doesnt coat me i diy but i will have a good bit of money invested into sound deadening, mlv, seals, and tweeter pods. I didnt count my amp or processor cause i already have them.

Look ant keephopealive's buildlogs. One is a scion tc and the other a honda accord, he is one of the most thorough and knowledgable members on here.

2012 Nissan Versa Hatch

7. Likes gckless liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by winkychevelle View Post
    They would need to make or use adapter plates. Most people put a stupid amount of time and miney into there bass but forget the rest, you were one of them but if you take your tine abd have the door speakers installed correctly, deadened and sealed thend properly eq'd on decent power you can have an amazing feont stage to match the bass. As for the rears i would just leave them stock, making them loud just ruins the front stage.

Put it this way ive got a $1000 buget for my front doors 500 on the speakers then 500 on the install which the labor doesnt coat me i diy but i will have a good bit of money invested into sound deadening, mlv, seals, and tweeter pods. I didnt count my amp or processor cause i already have them.

Look ant keephopealive's buildlogs. One is a scion tc and the other a honda accord, he is one of the most thorough and knowledgable members on here.
    Thank you, and yes I've noticed I made a beginners mistake by just concentrating on my bass.

I am going to ditch the rear speakers as you told me and go with the C5's in the front. Will I need a 2 channel amp instead? Or do you think I should use my 600/4 still?

UnderFire is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

I would go with the Focal 165KR component set over the JL C5's, they just sounded cleaner to me. I personally don't like the sound of an SUV with no rear speakers, so I would recommend you try it out with the stock speakers before you just decide to ditch the rears altogether. I would try to recommend an amp but have almost no experience with expensive amps like the 600/4.

97 4runner, 3RZ, 5 Speed

Headunit: Alpine CDA-9887
    Mids: CDT HD-6CF
    Tweets: CDT DRT-25
    Fronts Amp: Hertz HDP4
    Sub Amp: American Bass VFL150.1
    Substage: 18" SSA ZCON
    Electrical: 160 Amp Alt, Duralast Gold, C&D270FR, 2/0 Throughout

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UnderFire View Post
    I would go with the Focal 165KR component set over the JL C5's, they just sounded cleaner to me. I personally don't like the sound of an SUV with no rear speakers, so I would recommend you try it out with the stock speakers before you just decide to ditch the rears altogether. I would try to recommend an amp but have almost no experience with expensive amps like the 600/4.
    WOW! I looked at those speakers, they look phenomenal! I am going to purchase a pair for my front 2 speakers though, I've read a lot about it not being necessary for upgrading rears.

Do you think this will work?

Focal 165KR powered by a FPP 4100?

BIG QUESTION! Do I need the 4 channel if I'm just powering the front 2 door speakers? Or do I just need the 2 channel. I've heard that powering the back 2 factory speakers are useless.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samn337 View Post
    WOW! I looked at those speakers, they look phenomenal! I am going to purchase a pair for my front 2 speakers though, I've read a lot about it not being necessary for upgrading rears.

Do you think this will work?

Focal 165KR powered by a FPP 4100?

BIG QUESTION! Do I need the 4 channel if I'm just powering the front 2 door speakers? Or do I just need the 2 channel. I've heard that powering the back 2 factory speakers are useless.
    Personally I would keep the 600/4 and bridge it to the front speakers the focal amp is nice but I would prefer the jl at that price point personally. After you read a bit on here u may want to go active with your component set which is why I recommended the 4 channel. Or you could use the rear channel on the factory speakers with a steep high pass on them.

2012 Nissan Versa Hatch

Hulk311 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Where do you plan on mounting your sub? May I suggest this method?

UnderFire is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk311 View Post
    Where do you plan on mounting your sub? May I suggest this method?

Wow, that's pretty **** extreme, why would someone chop the floors out of an SUV to put subs in?

97 4runner, 3RZ, 5 Speed

Headunit: Alpine CDA-9887
    Mids: CDT HD-6CF
    Tweets: CDT DRT-25
    Fronts Amp: Hertz HDP4
    Sub Amp: American Bass VFL150.1
    Substage: 18" SSA ZCON
    Electrical: 160 Amp Alt, Duralast Gold, C&D270FR, 2/0 Throughout

Closed Thread