Closed Thread

Reload Thread: How to wire Aftermarket Head Unit to Component Speakers w/crossover W/OUT Amplifier

therealkjm is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How to wire Aftermarket Head Unit to Component Speakers w/crossover W/OUT Amplifier

2004 Durango SLT

Pyle PLG6C 6.5" w/Separate Tweeter and Sony cdx-gt55uiw and two factory 3 way coax in the rear

I do not have an amplifier

Is this at all possible?

Every Google or Forum search brings me "close" to an answer but something is different with their setup.

The Box guides do not reference installation without an amplifier either.
    Do I cut the factory wire to the door and splice with rca connectors to the back of the head unit?? I am so lost and with each search I make ....feeling more inadequate to be a car audio guy.

Thanks guys

butterMilk is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: How to wire Aftermarket Head Unit to Component Speakers w/crossover W/OUT Amplifi

Is it just a passive cross over that would be put right before the speaker, or dose the cross over have adjustment knobs on it?

Some speakers come with a passive crossover. Or are you talking about going active?

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Re: How to wire Aftermarket Head Unit to Component Speakers w/crossover W/OUT Amplifi

Quote Originally Posted by therealkjm View Post
    2004 Durango SLT

Pyle PLG6C 6.5" w/Separate Tweeter and Sony cdx-gt55uiw and two factory 3 way coax in the rear

I do not have an amplifier

Is this at all possible?

Every Google or Forum search brings me "close" to an answer but something is different with their setup.

The Box guides do not reference installation without an amplifier either.
    Do I cut the factory wire to the door and splice with rca connectors to the back of the head unit?? I am so lost and with each search I make ....feeling more inadequate to be a car audio guy.

Thanks guys
    It can be done /sure,may sound like a ss but can be done.Cut the original speaker connector off, and expose the +,and - wiring, and run to the inlet on the xover, and from the xover to the speakers/+ and - to the mid/bass, and tweeter.Simple to do, just takes a little time..Recommend amp power on any after market speakers,even if its just 20 watts per ch.But you can do the way you have asked,though you will retrieve distortion just to let you know ahead of time, and may bottom out at higher volumes as well

4. Thanks therealkjm thanked for this post
    therealkjm is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for your reply,
    Here is the specs on the speaker system:
    Product Features
    • 400-watt 2-way custom component system includes pair of woofers, tweeters, and crossovers
    • 6.5-inch woofers with yellow poly injection cones and butyl rubber surrounds
    • 0.5-inch silk dome tweeters with neodymium magnets and multiple mounting options
    • Pair of passive crossover networks with 12 dB/octave slope
    • 50 Hz to 22 kHz overall frequency response

you can see the product typing in PLG6C into google and it pops right up, they are yellow...

I have an image but I am unsure on how to share it, is it allowed on this board to take a photo and share it here? I just want to verify that I have setup the wiring properly.

SOrry for being such a tool. I have less than n00b knowledge on car audio.....

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Product Features
    • 400-watt 2-way custom component system includes pair of woofers, tweeters, and crossovers
    • 0.5-inch silk dome tweeters with neodymium magnets and multiple mounting options

you can see the product typing in PLG6C into google and it pops right up, they are yellow...

I have an image but I am unsure on how to share it, is it allowed on this board to take a photo and share it here? I just want to verify that I have setup the wiring properly.

Wiring as i stated before, and you will be fine.

7. Thanks therealkjm thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Product Features

Wiring as i stated before, and you will be fine.

kramer_212 is offline Music-Expression

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

this ^

Closed Thread