Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Will my stock electrical be OK

drvsbsm is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Will my stock electrical be OK

I'm on a pretty tight budget right now and hopefully this will work on my stock electrical. I have 120 amp alternator, in a 2000 Sebring JXI Limited Edition, convertible. I have to take the tire off to get to the **** battery so I really don't know what size battery is under there yet, but I just bought the car and the guy said he just put the battery in.Here is what I plan to run.

0 gauge OFC Monster wire for power and ground, I'm grounding to the bolts that hold the back seat-belts in. I heard these are good ground points to ground to, they are under my backseat and hold the bracket for the seat-belts.

1st Amp - Audiopipe 1500 watts running at 4ohms in series at about 700-750 watts to a set of Hifonics HFX12D4s rated at 800RMS a set.

2nd Amp - Audiopipe 1500 watts running at 1 ohm in parrelel at about 1300-1400 watts to a set of Hifonics BRZ12D4s rated at 1200RMS a set.

Right now I have a 4 chamber quad sealed box, the subs ask for 1.25 qf and my box is at 1qf per slot, I heard poly-fill can fix this somehow. I bought this box prefab for $50 like I said I had a pretty tight budget, I tried to get some bang for the buck. I know I should have researched a little more, but I heard what I have will bump pretty hard for what I paid.

This would be more efficient than strapping my Audiopipe amps and running all 4 subs at 1 ohm, correct. This would require more power and they are different sets of subs and will most likely have to be tuned separately right.

Also if anyone has a convertible similar to my Sebring what is the best way to get a decent sound in the car, since they are going in the trunk.

NASTY08IMPALA is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Re: Will my stock electrical be OK

You dont wana run 2 amps on 2 diff sets of subs and i wouldnt run 2 diff kinds of subs...and strapping those amps would be a 2 ohm final load.1ohm each amp

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I'm stuck with the subs and amps I really didnt want to strap them because the reason you stated but will my stock electrical be ok with the 0 guage monster wire running to each amp.?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Idk man thats asking alot of.your stock setup...especially when those ap amps are known for dirty clipped power

DoesDad is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

I've got a 120 amp alt in my Monte Carlo and I can't go much over 1500 rms or so without some pretty good voltage drops. Then again, I haven't done the Big 3 and I'm only running 4 gauge but I have to agree with Nasty08impala. Way too much for stock.......

Odd-io is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2000 rms on stock alt and battery? That's really pushing it. Could be setting yourself up for some nasty voltage drops and frying the amps.

2001 Mustang Bullitt #3345
    HU: Panasonic Frontstage: 6.5" cdt-61a Amplifier: Kicker 350.4 Sub: 18" RE '05-style xXx 4.2^3 sealed Amplifier: IA 20.1 Processor: AudioControl EPIC-160 Wiring: knu
    2005 Ram 2500
    HU: Alpine Frontstage: 6.5" cdt-61a Rear fill: 5.25 Kicker KSAmplifier: Kicker 350.4 Sub: 12" Kicker Comp (temporary console) Amplifier: eD Nine.1 Processor: AudioControl EPIC-160 Wiring: DIYMA, Stinger

ewadz3006 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I have 2004 mountaineer with big three done in 1/0 ofc, and a run of pos and neg straight from batt also in 1/0 ofc. I have a large battery and 140 amp alt. I have a aq 2200 running at 2 ohms so im around 1100 watts and a aq120.4. Thats about all I care to run, my voltage drops to mid twelves. I want to run 2 more twelves eventually, but in doing this I will have to upgrade to one more batt. and high output alt so I know I'm safe.

If I were you I would definately get a volt meter in there and keep a close eye on voltage. It may work... but Personally I dont think it will be safe.

Also I dont know that I would run two different sets of subs either. it may work and you might think its loud, but it could definately be better.

I feel sorry for those who do not drink, when they wake up on the morning that's the best they're going to feel all day.-Frank Sinatra

2004 mercury mountaineer
    Hu Kenwood excelon x996
    Fronts Incriminator audio comps
    Front amp Aq 120.4
    sub amp Aq2200d
    subs 2 sundown sa 12's @ 32hz
    wiring knu 1/0 ofc

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok, so I'm going to upgrade and just put my install aside for awhile, I gotta go the cheapest route because I'm low on funds right now. I want to keep my equipment safe what is the best budget way to keep my amps up so I could run my equipment safe, could I just run another battery and do the big 3, would that be enough, if so what budget battery would you recommend?
    Also can I do the Big 3 doubling up my 4 gauge OFC wire I have a ton of that stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

I would switch to 1/0 and run one amp on a pair of subs...get you a good battery under the hood...big 3 too

10. Thanks drvsbsm thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Sears die hard platinums r pretty good 4 yr warranty..i run all deka..pretty good for the $$

Loudmp5 is offline skyhigh&banginlow

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Sell those subs buy 1 or 2 better subs and if you want ( i would ) get another amp and sell those as for the big 3 depending on what you do i would suggest doing your big three in 1/0 guage that just my .02

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms,An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject,Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.,Gun control is not about guns; it's about control,You only have the rights you are willing to fight for,Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety,You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive,Assault is a behavior, not a device,64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday,All Rights Reserved,The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others,What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?,guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I cant sell all this I just got it all on recommendations for a budget setup. I paid $120 for each amp and there are youtube videos showing it does about what it is rated 1500 watts, cant beat that really. The subs have really good reviews on them also, and they bang for the money on all the youtube videos Ive saw. This was a budget setup.

Audiopipe test APSM1500 test before oscope - YouTube

2 hifonics HFX12D4 12" subs

hifonics brz12d4

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yea they do but its dirty clipped power

15. Thanks drvsbsm thanked for this post
    TheUnderFighter is offline Beer Addict

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Notice that test is BEFORE Oscope... it's dirty. You can't run two different subs. It causes cancellation and sounds like butthole. Sell one pair, use that money for something else. You get what you pay for, don't forget it.
    If you're going to come on here and ask for advice, don't argue with every single reply that you get. If you already knew the right thing to do, you wouldn't be asking these questions, and you wouldn't be running that gear. I'm not saying don't use it. But sell half of it. You can not run the two different subs. Thus, you only need one amp. Take the money you get from selling half of it, and get a proper box. And prepare to have your standards raised to entirely new levels.

2009 Hyundai Elantra - Budget Sound in Progress
    HU- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X994
    Fronts- Crescendo MP6 mids, Vifa Ring Radiator tweets on Arc KS300.4
    Subs- Single SA-10 on Mmats 2000.1 @ 1ohm
    Misc- 1/0 CCA from AT, Big 3 in Stinger HPM, and AT 60 mil deadener
    Bought from: Inferno333, select127, treesive, Kangaroux, DonH
    Sold to: coolest user, Psychodrama, MidgetClown, mr.tigger, av83

ewadz3006 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

why would you buy two different series subs?

I feel sorry for those who do not drink, when they wake up on the morning that's the best they're going to feel all day.-Frank Sinatra

2004 mercury mountaineer
    Hu Kenwood excelon x996
    Fronts Incriminator audio comps
    Front amp Aq 120.4
    sub amp Aq2200d
    subs 2 sundown sa 12's @ 32hz
    wiring knu 1/0 ofc

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast