Yeah.. I'm a dumb-***.. A couple of variables here led me to where I am..
A. it was late and I was in a hurry.
B. When I first installed the first amp (6 months ago or so) i used a red wire for the ground.
The jist of the story is this; I attached the car battery to the amp ground and the car ground to the amp battery. Re-attached the battery ground at the battery and the fuse blew.. No smoke, no smell, just blown fuse.. Didn't have any more fuses so I just waited to troubleshoot today till I could get some more fuses.
I got the fuses and went to put one into the amp, then realized my mistake of the switched polarity :facepalm:. Switched the polarity on the amp to be correct. Installed fuse, connected battery then the fuse blew again. Tried about 5 fuses and each one blew.
Did I toast the amp?
To me, logically.. That amp mounted fuse that I keep blowing is there to prevent this type of damage to an amp. So hopefully, it is just something else.
I have been installing stereos into my cars since I was 16 and this is the first time I have ever done this.. I feel like a complete noob.