Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reload Thread: accidently hooked ground and power up backwards

IAD-Zak is offline Team IDGAF

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: accidently hooked ground and power up backwards

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    First off, be sure of your sub's impedances. Are you positive it is a 2 ohm final load?

While Kicker amps aren't horrible, there are better options. You said those subs are 600W RMS a piece? What's your budget?
    400w rms a piece and d4.

go look at audiopipe apsm1300 would work well, just sold mine for $65.

Babykinns is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

100% positive that they are 2ohm and they are rated for 400-800 watts rms a piece i mean these subs can easily blow windows out of a car i got mine in a 92 honda prelude and i couldnt even crank it that load bcuz it would flex my rear windshield so bad it started to crack and tbh my budget wont be much bcuz im only 23 n got a 1 year old son and fiance to take car of but i come across people trying to trade or sell amps a lot so could you give me a small list of what would be a good mono or 2 channel amp for them? tbh the scosh amp i had was actually a pretty good amp but i was testing out another amp i had to see how stable it was with the kickers bridged n it went into protect mode n wouldnt come out n i got mad n got tired of fuckin wit it so i got into a rush to just hook my scosche amp back up n thats when i accidently hooked it up wrong cuz the power and ground spots on the 2 amps are the opposite and i was in such a rush i forgot all about that

3. Dislikes TheUnderFighter disliked this post
    Sub Bass Woofrz is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

hifonics is pretty good and you might find one on craigslist local, also rockford fosgate is common.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well im off to bed guys got work early in the morning but any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated and thanks for all the help and advice some of you have givin me yall take car and have a good night ill be on tomorrow or sometime take it easy

AxT4430 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

make sure the inline fuse of the battery terminal is fine...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by babykinns View Post
    100% positive that they are 2ohm and they are rated for 400-800 watts rms a piece i mean these subs can easily blow windows out of a car i got mine in a 92 honda prelude and i couldnt even crank it that load bcuz it would flex my rear windshield so bad it started to crack and tbh my budget wont be much bcuz im only 23 n got a 1 year old son and fiance to take car of but i come across people trying to trade or sell amps a lot so could you give me a small list of what would be a good mono or 2 channel amp for them? Tbh the scosh amp i had was actually a pretty good amp but i was testing out another amp i had to see how stable it was with the kickers bridged n it went into protect mode n wouldnt come out n i got mad n got tired of fuckin wit it so i got into a rush to just hook my scosche amp back up n thats when i accidently hooked it up wrong cuz the power and ground spots on the 2 amps are the opposite and i was in such a rush i forgot all about that
    gtfo

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IAD-Zak View Post
    gtfo

Bout it. First the subs were 400-600W a piece, now 800. You are not blowing windows out with those. Your glass did not start to crack. Not without physically beating it with those subs. And you didn't think to mention that the last amp you had in there also went into protect???

Dude, just take care of your family. Don't waste money on something you're just going to blow up.

9. Likes Jes 42 liked this post
    Jes 42 is offline karma!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

let someone with a little more experience hook your amps up for you.

Dtrom is offline MAF

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

I accidentaly did this once. To a $1k amp just blew my inline fuse. Amp was fine.

REFS alot

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

we've all done this one time or another.

TheUnderFighter is offline Beer Addict

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

I did this on some crappy Nitro amp I had, because the pwr and gnd terminals are opposite of most amps, so I was just going by muscle memory. Blew the inline fuse, replaced it, and had no problems.
    The biggest piece of advice I have for you though, would be to use some motherfucking punctuation. Your posts are almost rendered entirely unintelligible because you manage to avoid commas and periods like the fucking plague. ENGLISH. If you can speak it, type it. It makes everything so much easier to help you with, and so much less frustrating to sift through.
    Now that being said.... I did manage to pick up that you think your Scoshe amp is good. It's not. It's a very low quality amp. If you can afford a new Kicker amp, there's a lot better value amps you can get used that will perform just as well, if not better.
    Also, you said something about those mediocre subs, on your mediocre amp, in (what I'm assuming is) a mediocre prefabbed ported box, somehow managing to not only flex your rear window, but actually start to crack it? I know that to be a bold face lie unless you're an expert in acoustics, and already had a badly damaged window. I've been in much louder cars and seen some significant flex, but I've never seen a broken windshield be the end result.

2009 Hyundai Elantra - Budget Sound in Progress
    HU- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X994
    Fronts- Crescendo MP6 mids, Vifa Ring Radiator tweets on Arc KS300.4
    Subs- Single SA-10 on Mmats 2000.1 @ 1ohm
    Misc- 1/0 CCA from AT, Big 3 in Stinger HPM, and AT 60 mil deadener
    Bought from: Inferno333, select127, treesive, Kangaroux, DonH
    Sold to: coolest user, Psychodrama, MidgetClown, mr.tigger, av83

14. Likes alec14 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnderFighter View Post
    I did this on some crappy Nitro amp I had, because the pwr and gnd terminals are opposite of most amps, so I was just going by muscle memory. Blew the inline fuse, replaced it, and had no problems.
    The biggest piece of advice I have for you though, would be to use some motherfucking punctuation. Your posts are almost rendered entirely unintelligible because you manage to avoid commas and periods like the fucking plague. ENGLISH. If you can speak it, type it. It makes everything so much easier to help you with, and so much less frustrating to sift through.
    Now that being said.... I did manage to pick up that you think your Scoshe amp is good. It's not. It's a very low quality amp. If you can afford a new Kicker amp, there's a lot better value amps you can get used that will perform just as well, if not better.
    Also, you said something about those mediocre subs, on your mediocre amp, in (what I'm assuming is) a mediocre prefabbed ported box, somehow managing to not only flex your rear window, but actually start to crack it? I know that to be a bold face lie unless you're an expert in acoustics, and already had a badly damaged window. I've been in much louder cars and seen some significant flex, but I've never seen a broken windshield be the end result.
    probably threw one at the window to pull that off. LOL

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    Bout it. First the subs were 400-600W a piece, now 800. You are not blowing windows out with those. Your glass did not start to crack. Not without physically beating it with those subs. And you didn't think to mention that the last amp you had in there also went into protect???

Dude, just take care of your family. Don't waste money on something you're just going to blow up.
    Woah slow down there bud. No need to be disrespectfull. I said they were rated for 400 watts rms - 800 watts rms max double check my posts. The first amp went into protect because it couldn't handle my kickers apparently I even called insignia and asked them if it would be safe to bridge them. I told them my subs were 2 12" kicker cvr's with dual voice coils wired at 2ohms and they said it should run them fine bridged as long as I kept the lpf/hpf switch on full. And also I know how to hook **** up the main reason I accidently hooked my scosche amp up backwards is because I was pissed because the insignia tech guy lied to me about the amp being able to handle my kickers in bridge mode.

groundpound4200 is offline Da fuq did I just read?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

wut?

You can only bridge it at 2 ohms if the LPF/HPF was set to full? Failtard

2007 Honda Pilot 2008 Nissan Maxima
    2 RD D9s strapped @ 1 ohm Sundown SAZ-1500D V.3
    2 Sundown Nightshade V.2s 2 10" Atomic APX
    Sundown SAX-125.2 x 2 Sundown SAX-100.4
    Sundown NeoPro 6.5"s, JL ZR Tweets Sundown NeoPros

RIP Taylor aka NewAgeKing, you are missed!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by groundpound4200 View Post
    wut?

You can only bridge it at 2 ohms if the LPF/HPF was set to full? Failtard
    No thats what the insignia tech guy told me which led to the insignia amp burning up.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast