Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Boston Acoustic Amp help gt-2125

realdragonluv is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Boston Acoustic Amp help gt-2125

The amp has been installed but doesn't produce any sound. I have verified all cables. The status LED on the unit are as follows:

- Red "B" Boston logo is illuminated solid red at all times. (This is how is should be according to the manual)
    - Orange status LED just keeps blinking and never stop blinking. (should be off in normal operation per the manual)

I have verified that the amp is getting 12V and that the remote turn on is working. I have swapped the RCA cables out and still the same issue. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. I have measured the OHM from the speaker at the amp as 4.6. I have removed and re-seated the 40A fuse and it doesn't appear to be blown.

knightsdaze is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Boston Acoustic Amp help gt-2125

Quote Originally Posted by realdragonluv View Post
    The amp has been installed but doesn't produce any sound. I have verified all cables. The status LED on the unit are as follows:

- Red "B" Boston logo is illuminated solid red at all times. (This is how is should be according to the manual)
    - Orange status LED just keeps blinking and never stop blinking. (should be off in normal operation per the manual)

I have verified that the amp is getting 12V and that the remote turn on is working. I have swapped the RCA cables out and still the same issue. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. I have measured the OHM from the speaker at the amp as 4.6. I have removed and re-seated the 40A fuse and it doesn't appear to be blown.
    eesh.. that sounds like its going into protect mode, and if you've verified the input voltage is 12v that sounds like you may have a problem with the amp itself.. you said you have the manual still.. doesn't it mention in the troubleshooting section anything about a blinking orange light? sometimes if your getting intermittent remote voltage that can happen. Check to see if ur getting 200mv at the remote input. If ur not I'd run the remote outta ur headunit to a spdt relay, and outta the relay to the amp. Good luck bro.. hope I helped.

Electrical- 200amp alt- Optima yellow tops front+back- stinger 10 farad cap- cadence 1/0awg+stinger+knu fuses
    Head unit- Pioneer 9400bh
    EQ- Audiocontrol Four.1
    Active x/over- Audiocontrol 6xs
    Front stage-B.A pro 50se (in sealed centrapod)
    Soundbar- Jbl p652 (NOT for long)
    Midbass- Jl cw800 (in sealed intrapod)
    Subs- 1 RExxx 12 in cust tuned 33hz box@1ohm (thank u Mobile Enclosures)
    Amps- Sub-Orion hcca 2500.1/ Midbass-Alpine pdx 2.150/Components- Alpine pdx 4.150

3. Thanks realdragonluv thanked for this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, Thank you for the pointer on the possible low remote trigger. I had checked the manual and they had every combination of flashing lights except for Solid Red "B" and flashing orange. Normally both the Red B and orange led should be flashing together which is why I was stumped.

I ran a cable direct from the battery to the remote turn on, removing any low amperage doubts and it came up with the same thing, solid red B and only a blinking orange LED. Voltage to the amp ranges from 12 to 14.4 volts, I've tried turning it on at different levels of battery voltage from 12 to 14.4. I think I got a bum unit, BA finally reached out to me and it sounds exactly like you said, it's going into protect mode as soon a it turns on and said that it would need to be serviced. The thing is brand new so I'm waiting to see what the vendor will do, I certainly don't want to have to pay S&H to have it repaired since it's brand new.

This is the second time I've gotten a bum item from this vendor and they are listed on the front page. I guess just bad luck... I was so looking forward to this.

Thanks knightsdaze for the reply. I was hoping it was something I could fix my-self and just a DOH moment but it's not looking like it.

I also completed the following in the mean time to eliminate more items :
    1. Hooked head unit to home stereo and the pre-out was working fine, I could hear audio playing on it
    2. Hooked a home speaker to the amp (8 ohm) and triggered the same thing as above.
    3. Hooked the sub to the home stereo and the sub worked fine.

So i think I've eliminated everything including wiring except for the amp. Unfortunately I don't have another amp... So tempted to just go to walmart and buy a cheapo amp just to test then return it just to prove to my-self it's the amp and not something I did...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

sounds like you are not bridging it correctly.

"Bailout: Taking a trillion dollars from the people and giving it to the banks so the banks can loan it back to the people, at interest!"

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I did exactly as shown in the manual on page 10 using the two outer most connections (left + and Right -) also if I turn the amp on with no speakers connected it does the same thing (Suggested by the BA tech the emailed me)

I also tried running the amp in stereo mode and it does the same thing so its not unique to the mono/bridged setting.

Closed Thread