Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alpine 1522Ds + Impedance Question

I was wondering if I could get 2 DVC 2 ohm subwoofers down to .5 ohms. If so, I have the alpine swr-1522D. I also have 2 swr-1222D. It won't let me post a link, and I wrote like 2 paragraphs on this, and wouldn't let me post that either. I guess there was a "bad" word in it somewhere I didn't notice, or like over a new user character post limit. The Amp I'm looking at that will go to .5 ohms is the Soundstream TX1.2600D. I just wanted to know if going to .5 ohms will hurt the sub? The rf wiring wizard said you can get them to .5 ohms. Any help is appreciated!!

chargdbassbuick is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)

Re: Alpine 1522Ds + Impedance Question

to answer your first question yes you can take 2 dvc2ohm subwoofers wired in parrallel will give you a .5 final ohm load. now not sure on your second ??? but if i read it correctly you i assume your asking if you take the 15d2 and your 2 12d2 you could nt get a final ohm load of .5 .some where around 1.5 with the 3 wired in series/parrallel. also wiring a sub to .5 or any other ohm will not hurt a subwoofer . over exceeding subwoofer rms will almost always damage subwoofer when played for periods of time if you dont know what your doing .. i have seen experienced bass heads double even triple exceed rms rating of a given subwoofer and not damage it mechanically . hope i could help

winkychevelle is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    742 Post(s)

Yes two d2s wired in parallel can achieve .5 ohms but three can not. And you don't want to mix sub sizes in a vehicle. As far as the sub knows the impedance never changes, the load on the amp does so no that will not hurt the sub. But .5 on average amps will I'm not much of a soundstream fan and I wouldn't run .5 without plenty of electrical to back it up. And considering the fact that you have to ask these questions I don't believe you are ready to over power you subs. You still need to read more and understand how a sub performs in certain conditions. Or learn the hard way and blow a few subs up

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel
    Big sq install on the horizon if money stays good
    2012 Nissan Versa Hatch
    Deadened but stock, girls ride now

RyMoney is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I didn't know why I wrote that last question? I guess it was just 1am and I wasn't in the best mental state. Anyway, I knew the sub could handle the ohm load, but the question was 2dvc 2 ohm subs going to .5 ohms. I figure it would because I know all about wiring 1 subwoofer and ohm loads, just forgot some of the formulas. I figured it would go to .5, because with 1 dvc 2 ohm you can run it parallel to 1 ohm. And when in parallel each resistor will have a 1 ohm load, equaling a .5 ohm load total to the amp. Before I install this amp, I'm planning on getting an aftermarket alternator. That's the only thing I haven't done yet. I've done the big 3, and everything else. I have an aftermarket battery, and another battery in the trunk. I think my electrical should be fine for running this at .5 ohms? Correct?

Closed Thread