mykeys is offline URABUS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would give it a 6.. One because I dont car much for Sony Kenwood and the non Premier Pioneer amps......two for using 4x6s instead of going to 4,5, or 6 inch comps or coaxials.. and three for using rear fill..Keep in mind this is only my opinion so dont think I am just being an ***..Its just my preference..the quality of your other choices is very good and I woundt be surprised if it sounds good regardless.

Mike

Your friendly neighborhood subaru freak!

Mark_ab is offline The Alpha Male

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Your setup is eerily similar to my very first actual setup. It sounded good, for what I knew, and therefor, suited me fine. As I learned more about audio, however, my opinion on my system began to change. Although the deck is aesthetically pleasing, it became clear to me that it was a waste of money. I had several problems w/ it and would never again consider buying a Sony deck. The Pioneer 6X9's I had no problems with, however. They were perhaps a little shrill, but that could be controlled. I agree w/ Mykeys, the Kenwood non-excelon series of amplifiers/speakers is not great. If you only have one Perfect (good choice) a JBL BP600.1 would have been more than sufficient. Having a rear fill is preferance. Some people don't care for pure SQ setups, having stage height and imaging etc done correctly per IASCA demands. I've found the majority of the people I know like to have the Dolby effect when listening to music, which is fine. I do give you a minus on the ported box that your Infinity goes into, though. The sub is primarily a SQ sub, and porting it is taking away it's SQ potential. If you were looking for SPL, you should have gone with a primarily SPL oriented sub. My overall score, 6.5
    Last edited by Mark_ab; 04-28-2002 at 08:27 PM.

Is this not a reasonable place to park?

Closed Thread

User Tag List