Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Focal bus 20 shuts off after couple minutes at high volume PLEASE HELP :)

Jonat165 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Focal bus 20 shuts off after couple minutes at high volume PLEASE HELP :)

Hello everyone, i would like to thank everybody in advance for all the help. Here is my problem: I have a MINI cooper S 2009 with a stock head unit, but i also have a FOCAL BUS 20 subwoofer with amp intergrated.
    It is a sub for saving space and includes the high low connections to connect directly to the speakers. I have connected it all right just as the mannual says so but after about 10 min of listening to music with decent bass the sound shuts off, i believe the amp is going into protect mode. The wire used ti torn on the amp when the radio turns on is actually hooked up to the 12V cigarette lighter as it was closer and couldnt pull out my head unit. Its the same thing because the 12V cigarette lighter turn on when the ignition is turned on. I have checked the ground location and all the wires to make sure none were touching or faulty and everything is fine. When it does go into protect mode and shuts off the sound i can just unplug the wire to the back of the amp and the sound will come back through the speakers. Please help i have tried everything. Here are some pictures
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Focal bus 20 shuts off after couple minutes at high volume PLEASE HELP :)-photo-5-3.jpg   Focal bus 20 shuts off after couple minutes at high volume PLEASE HELP :)-photo-4-3.jpg   Focal bus 20 shuts off after couple minutes at high volume PLEASE HELP :)-photo-2-3.jpg   Focal bus 20 shuts off after couple minutes at high volume PLEASE HELP :)-photo-1-3.jpg   Focal bus 20 shuts off after couple minutes at high volume PLEASE HELP :)-photo-5-1.jpg  

Focal bus 20 shuts off after couple minutes at high volume PLEASE HELP :)-photo-3-1.jpg   Focal bus 20 shuts off after couple minutes at high volume PLEASE HELP :)-photo-2-1.jpg   Focal bus 20 shuts off after couple minutes at high volume PLEASE HELP :)-photo-1-1.jpg  

groundpound4200 is offline Da fuq did I just read?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

Re: Focal bus 20 shuts off after couple minutes at high volume PLEASE HELP :)

Has it done this since it was initially installed or did it start randomly?

2007 Honda Pilot 2008 Nissan Maxima
    2 RD D9s strapped @ 1 ohm Sundown SAZ-1500D V.3
    2 Sundown Nightshade V.2s 2 10" Atomic APX
    Sundown SAX-125.2 x 2 Sundown SAX-100.4
    Sundown NeoPro 6.5"s, JL ZR Tweets Sundown NeoPros

RIP Taylor aka NewAgeKing, you are missed!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It was in my other care before but it was hooked up to an after market radio with the RCA connections, but since my stock head unit of my mini does not have RCA connections i just used the high low input option. It never did it in my previous car but even since i connected it to my mini it been happening since the beggining.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

You could try a line output converter. That will get you back to using RCAs for it. Those grounds could use a little more cleaning as well. That could also be the culprit.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i appreciate your help, I did not use the line output converter as the amp is made to work with both RCAs and high low speaker wires, do you think it would be better with a converter or it doesnt really matter? As for the ground, i will clean it a little better and maybe use some more sand paper and will let u know if anything gets better. Also i feel like when the car is not on but the keys are in the ignition and the amp is on the music does not shut off, but when i am driving the sound shuts off within 10 minutes if that helps at all

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

Well it's one thing that changed from when it was working to when it started to have issues so it might be worth a shot.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I will get one today and find out if it makes a difference. I also forgot to mention that my car's speakers are pre amplified with the stock unit, could this cause conflict as there are two amps? one from the stock head unit and one integrated in the sub

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I changed the ground location and made it really clean, i filed down to the metal and it still keeps shutting off. One major thing is that when the engine is not on but the keys are in the ignition it does not shut off, but when the engine is on the music shuts off in about 5-10 minutes
    PLEASE HELP

Closed Thread