Closed Thread

Reload Thread: No sound from speakers. Need help from the pros

solidhadriel is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

No sound from speakers. Need help from the pros

Hey guys, I installed my sound system myself in my current car about 2 1/2 years ago. It was my first time installing a sound system with no prior background experience and somehow I managed to do it. Its been working great since then. Anyway, I recently dropped my car off to an autobody shop for some work, and upon picking it up, no sound could be heard through the stereo.

I'm at a loss as to what's the problem is, so I'm coming for some help from you pros, to see if ya'll can shed some advice. My audio system was one of the highlights of my car, being able to enjoy music on my way to and from work. I miss it dearly.

I'll explain my set up, then what I tried to diagnose first.

Set up:
    Car: 2011 Mustang
    Amp: Alpine PDX5
    H/U Processor: MTX REQ5
    Speakers: Kenwoods
    Subwoofer: Pioneer

Diagnosis: At first I thought there was a grounding problem, because the amp lights up and comes on as normal when I started the car. However, upon messing with RCA cables you can hear feedback in the car speakers. So I thought the amp is working as intended as not receiving a signal from my sound processor/head unit. So I get to my sound processor which is a huge pain in the **** to reach, and its lit up and *looks* normal.

So my only conclusion is that maybe a wire got wiggled loose out of one of my crimps back behind my processor that is part of my head unit. If that's the case, then its going to be a very, very long weekend.

Anyone have any other possible suggestions, expertise on the issue?

Thanks

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Re: No sound from speakers. Need help from the pros

GOOD news! (To me!) Though, I wish it were better news.

I was able to get a RCA to Aux cable at work today and test out my amp. NO issues with the amp! It was able to play music via my phone thru the RCA cables (only tested 2 channels, but I confirmed my amp is working.)

Now the bad, bad, bad news... This leads me to believe that a connection between my headunit to my sound processor is messed up or (hopefully) my rca cables to my amp are messed up (unlikely.)

Looks like I get to take apart my head unit again today and get my hands dirty. Ugh!

TreyE is offline Lets Get Weird

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yep definitely a problem with the HU, time to pull it out and check connections.

Don't listen to me.

Feedback - http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/227670-treye.html
    Also more recent feedback on caco.com under same username and eBay as Willy8788 100% feedback.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TreyE View Post
    Yep definitely a problem with the HU, time to pull it out and check connections.
    The one thing I hate about car audio..messing with tiny wires in a tiny space with limited reach. I'm not looking forward to dealing with this after work. But i sure do miss my car audio!!

Closed Thread