Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Reload Thread: I immediately blew my new subs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: I immediately blew my new subs.

Quote Originally Posted by therockdrummer View Post
    I think slightly over a grand was more than fair for the results I was seeking. Also, just because I acted like a teenager on the gain knob, doesn't mean I 'don't know what I'm doing'. There is no bass boost, no loudness. See above for the results of the battery test.
    Well.... that's where we differ. I think it was an absolute rip-off. It doesn't help that your fancy set-up has ruined to pairs of subs for you now haha.
    But in all honesty, it sounds like something has gone bad in that amp, and it's sending DC volts to the speakers. When that happens, the sub will lock up exactly as you're describing. If this is the case, it means a bad amp. Which means you should be able to return it.... especially at the price you paid. You can test for this as described above. Take your DMM to the speaker terminals on the amplifier, and read for DC voltage.

Quote Originally Posted by Imtjnotu View Post
    I put AudioTechnix sound deadener on my 21" Kicker L7 and it puts out 10 more deebeez now!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

hell, return the subs too because it was the faulty amp that spiked em. get all new everything under manufact warranty

BOYCOTT SKAR AUDIO!
    2012 TNESPL R2 WORLD CHAMPION
    TNESPL R2 ALL TIME RANKINGS RECORD HOLDER

TEAM

TEAM LOUD INTENTIONS
    www.youtube.com/TeamLoudIntentions

therockdrummer is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by I<3AudioTechnix View Post
    Well.... that's where we differ. I think it was an absolute rip-off. It doesn't help that your fancy set-up has ruined to pairs of subs for you now haha.
    But in all honesty, it sounds like something has gone bad in that amp, and it's sending DC volts to the speakers. When that happens, the sub will lock up exactly as you're describing. If this is the case, it means a bad amp. Which means you should be able to return it.... especially at the price you paid. You can test for this as described above. Take your DMM to the speaker terminals on the amplifier, and read for DC voltage.
    Thanks for your recommendations. I will try this when I get home tonight. I am actually hoping this is the problem, because everything else has been troubleshooted.

Quote Originally Posted by xSPLoder808 View Post
    hell, return the subs too because it was the faulty amp that spiked em. get all new everything under manufact warranty
    I more than likely have no manufacturer warranty, because it was all purchased from unauthorized retailers! But the sellers I purchased them from should work with me.

4. Likes xSPLoder liked this post
    goingdef is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Thanks for your recommendations. I will try this when I get home tonight. I am actually hoping this is the problem, because everything else has been troubleshooted.

I more than likely have no manufacturer warranty, because it was all purchased from unauthorized retailers! But the sellers I purchased them from should work with me.
    you would be amazed who is actually an authorized dealer on the web, especially of mainstream equipment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You spent that much from Unauthorized retailers???? o.0 holy crap.... Well yea, whoever you bought it from should still take a return or an exchange or something, it hasn't even been a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Imtjnotu View Post
    I put AudioTechnix sound deadener on my 21" Kicker L7 and it puts out 10 more deebeez now!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

So, ebay? lol either way, there ya go

BOYCOTT SKAR AUDIO!
    2012 TNESPL R2 WORLD CHAMPION
    TNESPL R2 ALL TIME RANKINGS RECORD HOLDER

TEAM

TEAM LOUD INTENTIONS
    www.youtube.com/TeamLoudIntentions

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3