Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Missing something? Need Help

JNB_412 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Missing something? Need Help

I just bought a truck and the owner told me something in the sound system was stolen and that the radio no longer works without it. Whatever it was it was located under the drivers seat and had two sets of wires running to it with yellow and red plugs on each end, then a single blue wire that was cut and a single black wire that was cut. The cd player still cuts on and the subs plays, and you can hear singing very faintly sometimes on a CD. None of the actual truck speakers will play. I dont know anything about radios so all I can give for info is, the CD player is a Sony CDX-M610, and it has a bunch of turn knobs over the faceplate and that stuff says rockford fosgate, it has subs in the back (I dont know how to access them to see what brand), and a 760 watt Sony Xplod under the passengers seat. Im sure somebody will know, but what's the part im missing and what should I buy to fix it?

Thanks for any input

bravomaster22 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Missing something? Need Help

try the fader even it out . the speakers connected correct . + with + and - with - . ? hope i could helpp

daboyfrumdabx is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like a 4 channel amp used on the speakers was stolen. Buy a new 4 channel and replace or look into running those speakers directly off the head unit. No amp is necessary. Also, if you can hear voices through your subs, you need to set the filters properly on that amp.

*Sundown Z15 *SAX-1200D *CDT HD-61A *SAX-100.4 *Pioneer DEH-80PRS *KnuKonceptz *XS Power D3400 *270A Mechman

Sold to: blackbonnie, TheOneJordan, resko1, kr15, Zichardruniga, IBmikexxx, plugitin
    Bought from: Gruszka530, theMessenjah44, ltr450racer690, Dpc69ss, 97maxima(Here and ROE), Pillow(CACO), pro-rabbit, woofercooker, Twisted_0912

JNB_412 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey guys thanks for the help so far, i've tried all the buttons on the radio and the knobs above it and they don't really do anything now. daboyfrumdabx, I looked under the seat again and found more cut wires, there's the two sets of the black and red wires and connectors, a little turn knob bass control thing, a blue wire, a black/clear wire (looks black but the insulation is see-through), and 4 clear insulated copper cables. A boy at my work told me it sounded like an amp also. Does it still sound like the 4 channel amp with all the extra wires I have found?

Thank yall for the input, I appreciate it.

Closed Thread