so i just bought this alpine cde-hd137bt headunit and wired it up. nothing out of the ordinary, the common wire colors and manual to instal it. got it all wired up and its sounds mediocre like a really generic headunit.
the main issue is that the fan on the back of the unit didn't work at all until i reset the unit using the tiny button under the face plate. also the rear heat sink gets ridiculously hot, hot enough to burn you like a soldering iron would. it gets this hot even with the fan on.
also when i turn the volume up to 19 out of 35 which isn't actually that loud on any setting(radio,BT phone calls, aux,usb) it will start to break up like its going into a protect mode. the screen doesn't shut off or anything weird on the screen it just starts to sound like a skipping cd.
i have even tried direct wiring to the battery thinking that maybe the factory harness wasn't giving it enough juice, thats how its acting.
anyone had these issues before?