Ok so im about to upgrade my system and im going to get a new car soon, either a corolla s or a scion tc, kinda irrelevant, so currently i have a SSA dcon on a focal red 1 amp and a arc audio kar 400.4. Im about to get a ppi art series 404 to replace the kar, as i think the kar is a clone and not good quality. Im also about to get two 10in dayton ho's and an amp that will push them, so 1200rms. Right now with both the focal and the kar i have no headlight diming or anything wrong with the electrical system and i have 4ga wire ran to everything, but im sure the strain on the battery isnt good for it..... so teach me what i need to know so i do my upgrade right!!!
PPI 404 art series amp
2x dayton ho's: going to get
dont have yet, but amp with [email protected]
So here are my questions,
1. What wire will i need to go with into the distribution blocks? i was going to go for knu kca 1/0 and then i have distribution blocks to take it down to 4ga kca to both amps, will this be enough for both amps?
2. Will i have to add an extra battery to my car or a capacitor?
3. Will i need to do the big three upgrade, and what gauge wire would i need and how much? i will be leasing so the big 3 may not be an option......
4. What wire will i need to go from my amp to the ho's, i was going to use 10ga or 8ga karma ss
5. what size fuses should i use in distribution blocks.
6. Would i need an ho alternator?
7. Is there anything else that i should consider?
8. Will my car catch fire?
o teach me what i need to know about the electrical systems and wiring, hardcore data, like the math, is always welcomed too, i want to learn all i can and dont mind long explanations or chats!!