User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: instead of viewing my thread plz post back instead :P i need help 2 12 inch mtx 9500

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

instead of viewing my thread plz post back instead :P i need help 2 12 inch mtx 9500

i just ordered two 12 inch mtx 9500's dvc 4 ohm and a re audio xtx 5000.1 amplifier. i also have a 0 gauge amplifier wiring kit and i got the 0 gauge big three upgrade kit along with a new yellow top optima battery. i am low on budget and need to know if i can keep the stock 105 amp alternator and run a second battery in my trunk(kinetik HC800). ill be running about 2700w rms at 1 ohm . HOW WOULD I WIRE TWO BATTERIES UP? WOULD I NEED A ISOLATOR?PLZ POST BACK I HAVE NO EXPIERNCE AT ALL EXCEPT HOW TO CONNECT THE SUBS AND AMPLIFIER

DaveVT is offline Like A Boss

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: instead of viewing my thread plz post back instead :P i need help 2 12 inch mtx 9

I would have gone with a HC1400 under the hood and in the trunk.....possibly bigger in the trunk. Some will say do a run of power and ground from front to back but you can get away with running pos from front batt to back battery fusing each within 18 inches.....then ground the back battery to the chassis and amp to the battery. Also fuse before your amp. You may require a second trunk batt for that much power or an upgraded alt.....not sure on that part honestly.

Also, The isolators are needed if your playing the system alot with the car off I believe. You may be fine with a good front and trunk battery on the power your running.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofers/538560-bass-tracks-%2A-frequencies%2A.html

24 REFS- seth350,heatseeker,VOA_Nightmare,lude,Imaspaceguy9 0
    ,terryracing86x5,vic713,
    guy022077,Digital Mint,Netherland24,xnbastar,woody89,patalpine,
    foreman,mtdewelf,zeanimal2001,eatank,keifersracing ,86yota,arsonbob,
    JoeHemi57,MegaHurtz,t00p,echo42987

NoLoud4U is online now High Output SQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: instead of viewing my thread plz post back instead :P i need help 2 12 inch mtx 9

Your going to need more then batteries unless you want that amp to make no power and go into protect every 10 minutes

2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

Mclovin it son is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

confusing. so run from front positive battery to back battery positive( put a inline fuse by front battery 18 inches) . then ground the back battery from the negative to chassis ground. then find a seperate chassis ground to go in your amp ground. and then another wire off the positive back battery power on to the amplifier(inline fuse here too??)
    and if i were too run two batteries in the trunk could i go with the 2 HC800 im on a budget

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVT View Post
    I would have gone with a HC1400 under the hood and in the trunk.....possibly bigger in the trunk. Some will say do a run of power and ground from front to back but you can get away with running pos from front batt to back battery fusing each within 18 inches.....then ground the back battery to the chassis and amp to the battery. Also fuse before your amp. You may require a second trunk batt for that much power or an upgraded alt.....not sure on that part honestly.

Also, The isolators are needed if your playing the system alot with the car off I believe. You may be fine with a good front and trunk battery on the power your running.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dctc what do u mean by that?

Quote Originally Posted by DCtC View Post
    Your going to need more then batteries unless you want that amp to make no power and go into protect every 10 minutes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your on a budget you picked the wrong set up. That alternator is not enough to support that amp. They are not the most effecient amps on the market.

2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if i put a higher alternator on will it be better? and ur saying the amp will mess up in the future???

If your on a budget you picked the wrong set up. That alternator is not enough to support that amp. They are not the most effecient amps on the market.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adrians3 View Post
    if i put a higher alternator on will it be better? and ur saying the amp will mess up in the future???
    Im saying its going to overheat due to lack of voltage, try and turn your car off and make no power due to lack of voltage. A high output alternator is a must. Possibly even full run of ground from the front back depending on the car.

2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

stl_314 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pick up a big batt like a deka 9a31 (which I have one for sale) for the back. It will do better then th aaaa t kinetic and cost the same

IonRL205 is offline DJ h4z4rdes IonRL205 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stl_314 View Post
    Pick up a big batt like a deka 9a31 (which I have one for sale) for the back. It will do better then th aaaa t kinetic and cost the same
    That will still do him no good since his alternator will not be able to keep up with the power he's running.

OP you should save up and get the right electrical upgrades. Your electrical is not something you go cheap on, thats is basically the structure of your system.

Headunit - Pioneer DEH-P8300UB
    Subs - None
    Sub Amp - 2x Crescendo 3kwp
    Front Stage - Polk Audio db651 Coaxial
    Front Amp - None

Quote Originally Posted by zako View Post
    Most properly done 15 inch subwoofers are not suited for car audio use simply due to box size requirements.

DaveVT is offline Like A Boss

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You fuse by the front battery and byt the back battery. Then fuse between the back battery and amp. Ground the back battery to the chassis. Run the amp pos and neg to the back batteries pos and neg.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofers/538560-bass-tracks-%2A-frequencies%2A.html

24 REFS- seth350,heatseeker,VOA_Nightmare,lude,Imaspaceguy9 0
    ,terryracing86x5,vic713,
    guy022077,Digital Mint,Netherland24,xnbastar,woody89,patalpine,
    foreman,mtdewelf,zeanimal2001,eatank,keifersracing ,86yota,arsonbob,
    JoeHemi57,MegaHurtz,t00p,echo42987

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its a 1999 chevy malibu. and a full run from negative battery front to negative batter back??

Im saying its going to overheat due to lack of voltage, try and turn your car off and make no power due to lack of voltage. A high output alternator is a must. Possibly even full run of ground from the front back depending on the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adrians3 View Post
    its a 1999 chevy malibu. and a full run from negative battery front to negative batter back??
    You wont know if its needed till you try it. 99% of the time its better. Get the electrical right before you install anything. If you dont there is a very good chance you will smoke the subs also. Its not worth it

2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thx guys

You wont know if its needed till you try it. 99% of the time its better. Get the electrical right before you install anything. If you dont there is a very good chance you will smoke the subs also. Its not worth it

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahh i gotcha thx

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast