Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Reload Thread: what would give me the most spl?

Flastrongman is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Re: what would give me the most spl?

Quote Originally Posted by RSDXzec View Post
    oh I see what you did there... I meant more of an even comparison, both ported, same tuning, enough volume for their surface area etc.
    Even then its a complete unknown. A 4 door tundra will not do well on the meter compared to say, a small hatchback. So yes, with similar tuning it is very possible to get a single 8"(especially a SA8v2) to meter louder than 3 15's. Even with really good equipment the op only scored 144db in that truck, my single 8" is very close to that, but in a small wagon.

Refs: diyma-sold to:Mazda3SQ CA.com-traded:matrxx dude CACO- Sold to: Ajax_6154, brandonb1029, TeejayBee traded with: papito FLSPL- Bought from:98chevySPL, JBLCAMRY, traded with:97montecarlo, thumpenranger

RSDXzec is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flastrongman View Post
    Even then its a complete unknown. A 4 door tundra will not do well on the meter compared to say, a small hatchback. So yes, with similar tuning it is very possible to get a single 8"(especially a SA8v2) to meter louder than 3 15's. Even with really good equipment the op only scored 144db in that truck, my single 8" is very close to that, but in a small wagon.
    yeah the car is also a variable, but in a controlled environment where the only variable is the number/size of subs in properly built boxes the 3 15"s should take the lead in my opinion. Of course it's going to take more to get loud in a van compared to a CRX.

Flastrongman is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RSDXzec View Post
    yeah the car is also a variable, but in a controlled environment where the only variable is the number/size of subs in properly built boxes the 3 15"s should take the lead in my opinion. Of course it's going to take more to get loud in a van compared to a CRX.
    that of course would be the biggest variable

Refs: diyma-sold to:Mazda3SQ CA.com-traded:matrxx dude CACO- Sold to: Ajax_6154, brandonb1029, TeejayBee traded with: papito FLSPL- Bought from:98chevySPL, JBLCAMRY, traded with:97montecarlo, thumpenranger

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shpatb View Post
    This thread.... just saddens me... at least the OP learned the errors of his ways.
    at least they did not destroy the vehicle while learning.

"Bailout: Taking a trillion dollars from the people and giving it to the banks so the banks can loan it back to the people, at interest!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flastrongman View Post
    to get the spl you refer to on a single 8" is an achievement in it's self. Not to take away from that challenge, but personally, I love the sound reproduction of a 15" subwoofer...in multiples...

"Bailout: Taking a trillion dollars from the people and giving it to the banks so the banks can loan it back to the people, at interest!"

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4