I was driving and my stereo cut out... Everything died with the stereo itself except for the HU. The way it was set up I thought taht maybe my amp overheated because the lid that I have covering everything was close to the amps so I didn't think that it was getting enough air flow to cool it. So i raised the lid about 5 inches thinking that it would be plenty for the air flow but it did it again tonight on the way to work. So I turned the HU off and let everything 'cool down' till i could get to it later. I went out and checked on it a couple of hours later, and it is cold outside, to see if everything is working, but I am still having the same problem, the HU works fine but nothing else. So maybe it was overheating in the beginning, but now just the protection light comes on on both amps. No fuses are blown, everything is hooked up correctly... and if it was a problem with overheating in the first place, the amp that is powering my sub was the one that I was worried about, not the one that is running my fronts. But they both cut out at the same time, both amps... so now I am stuck wondering why they would both cut out at the same time. Any ideas or suggestions?