Closed Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Reload Thread: Sub only playing when car is in neutral

  1. #1
    jbeaman's Avatar
    jbeaman is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Prince George, BC
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Sub only playing when car is in neutral

    Hi, my setup is as follows:
    -Pioneer DEH-P610BT Premier 50Wx4 Deck
    -Clarion WG 3010 12' 300W Continious Power 900W Peak Sub in Ported Box
    -Alpine V-Power 250Wx4 Amp
    -4 6X9 20W Nom. power 40W max Pioneer speakers

    For some reason, my sub will only work when my car is in neutral. It sounds amazing, the amp doesnt heat up at all, and the lights dont flicker or anything. But as soon as the car is in motion, the subwoofer immediately cuts out. I don't think it's a loose connection, i double checked them all, is my sub too much for my amp??? i have no idea seeing as there is no changes in my amp when the sub cuts out, and once again my amp stays perfectly cool no matter how much i turn the volume up... ive been trying to find answers for awhile now so any help would be much appreciated!!!







  2. #2
    ahole-ic's Avatar
    ahole-ic is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ivory Tower
    Posts
    2,936
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sub only playing when car is in neutral

    Quote Originally Posted by jbeaman View Post
    Hi, my setup is as follows:
    -Pioneer DEH-P610BT Premier 50Wx4 Deck
    -Clarion WG 3010 12' 300W Continious Power 900W Peak Sub in Ported Box
    -Alpine V-Power 250Wx4 Amp
    -4 6X9 20W Nom. power 40W max Pioneer speakers

    For some reason, my sub will only work when my car is in neutral. It sounds amazing, the amp doesnt heat up at all, and the lights dont flicker or anything. But as soon as the car is in motion, the subwoofer immediately cuts out. I don't think it's a loose connection, i double checked them all, is my sub too much for my amp??? i have no idea seeing as there is no changes in my amp when the sub cuts out, and once again my amp stays perfectly cool no matter how much i turn the volume up... ive been trying to find answers for awhile now so any help would be much appreciated!!!
    Could it be that your amp only works when the brake is applied? Who hooked up your equipment?




  3. #3
    Gregulate's Avatar
    Gregulate is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    austin texas
    Posts
    268
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Sub only playing when car is in neutral

    Quote Originally Posted by www.eCrack.net View Post
    Could it be that your amp only works when the brake is applied?
    Yeah, that would be my guess. If so, could be a remote issue.




  4. #4
    jbeaman's Avatar
    jbeaman is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Prince George, BC
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sub only playing when car is in neutral

    not just when the brake is applied, the whole time its in neutral... then it cuts out about 2 seconds after I put the car back into gear




  5. #5
    ahole-ic's Avatar
    ahole-ic is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ivory Tower
    Posts
    2,936
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sub only playing when car is in neutral

    Quote Originally Posted by jbeaman View Post
    not just when the brake is applied, the whole time its in neutral... then it cuts out about 2 seconds after I put the car back into gear
    You didn't answer the question of who wired it all up. Long story short, your remote wire is connected to the wrong place.




  6. #6
    TheUnderFighter's Avatar
    TheUnderFighter is offline Beer Addict



    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Murrieta, California, (SoCal)
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,465
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

    Re: Sub only playing when car is in neutral

    More importantly... who talked you into buying all that crud? :\ And is that Alpine amp running the sub, or the speakers? And quit listing, caring about, or paying attention to peak or max ratings, because they aren't real, and are merely a marketing ploy.



    2009 Hyundai Elantra - Budget Sound in Progress
    HU- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X994
    Fronts- Crescendo MP6 mids, Vifa Ring Radiator tweets on Arc KS300.4
    Subs- Single SA-10 on Mmats 2000.1 @ 1ohm
    Misc- 1/0 CCA from AT, Big 3 in Stinger HPM, and AT 60 mil deadener
    Bought from: Inferno333, select127, treesive, Kangaroux, DonH
    Sold to: coolest user, Psychodrama, MidgetClown, mr.tigger, av83

  7. Thanks MisterDeadeye thanked for this post
    Dislikes sobe3yourself. disliked this post
  8. #7
    sobe3yourself.'s Avatar
    sobe3yourself. is offline lordside gangster



    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Orange, CA
    Posts
    2,942
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

    Re: Sub only playing when car is in neutral

    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnderFighter View Post
    More importantly... who talked you into buying all that crud? :\ And is that Alpine amp running the sub, or the speakers? And quit listing, caring about, or paying attention to peak or max ratings, because they aren't real, and are merely a marketing ploy.
    come on, man. he came here for help, not to be ridiculed. everyone has to start somewhere.




  9. Thanks keep_hope_alive thanked for this post
  10. #8
    smgreen20's Avatar
    smgreen20 is offline phoenixphorum-com



    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lafayette,IN
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sub only playing when car is in neutral

    Some people have been on here to long w/o a break from it, then that's what you get.

    The Clarion sub is not crap. Yea I'm a Clarion collector, but I remove myself from that when dealing with other people. I can't let what I like influence someone else's thoughts. But for the $$ the Clarion subs are a great deal.

    The Alpine amp isn't a bad amp either. Yea that's the peak power being listed, but a good reliable amp none the less.

    I agree, it seems as if the remote turn on wire is hooked incorrectly.




    My install
    http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998

Closed Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Bass plays when car is off!
    By Slammed in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-10-2008, 12:34 PM
  2. Sub only plays when I push down on it...
    By toop in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-24-2007, 09:48 PM
  3. Wiring power invterter to only power up when car is on?
    By AltarCrystal in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-04-2007, 03:52 PM
  4. Speakers Crackling Only when Car is Runnning
    By Wampler in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-14-2004, 08:19 AM
  5. cd wont play when car is on
    By jbarreras in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-03-2002, 07:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum