Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reload Thread: Here is an idea for cheap battery terminals.

slim2fattycake is offline rolling right along

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    155 Post(s)

Re: Here is an idea for cheap battery terminals.

Quote Originally Posted by akheathen View Post
    you could., but unless it is visible, a stainless brush will knock down the coat ok. no harm in scuffing better, though. just like when mag brazing aluminum. years back, I've learned about the conductive properties (surface and core) corrosion resistance, thermal limitations, etc. probably the same or similar article. based on actual thorough scientific test data. from what i remember: among most common metals, silver and aluminum rated the highest in conductivity. in fact, aluminum was utilized for half a century in homes and automotive, due to both it's cost, and conductive properties. there would be less of a voltage drop over long runs. however, it's ampacity is real low, corrosion resistance is horrible, and both these factors lead to more of a fire hazard, and short life-span. for example- 1/0, or 2/0, (don't remember which) has a rated ampacity of mere 60a now, copper, is pretty much in the middle of the scale, i believe right above gold, which brings me to the next point. the most surprising thing i have seen to most people, is that gold is altogether not as conductive as you would think. so, why does it make for an excellent terminal/contact coating? well, it's unique properties provide 2 key benefits. first, we all know of it's high corrosion resistance. who has ever seen corroded gold? second, it has an uncanny ability to stick well to itself, literally, the contact it makes forms an electrical bond between 2 pieces, and somewhat of a good bond to other metals. look up magnet wire ratings, and compare the wire resistance of different materials of the same thickness. think about just how short copper mag wire is in a 4ohm coil, and then how long it is in an aluminum coil.
    edit: i stand corrected. had to go back and look it up, and mag wire rates aluminum lower than copper. 1.6 times more aluminum than copper for the same rating.... i'll have to research more...
    you don have to research more. aluminum is nowhere near as conductive as silver or copper. it is cheaper is all.

SPL-Lab REP

Want an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has more features and support? PM me.

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5143 Post(s)

these are what i use

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 03 Mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

CRXBMPN is offline ---> TEAM B.L.O. ME <---

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    224 Post(s)

i'd love some of those for my freaking batcap

Team Bass Lovers Of MainE/The Loud Crowd/CentralMaineBassHeads
    2k5 SLAP Stock 2 National Champion - I feel old...!
    1991 CRX, 2 x SAZ3000d's, Batcap 4000, couple other batts, 2 x FI BL 10's - 152.7 dash/155.1 outlaw

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5143 Post(s)

i can give you the email of the guy that made them for me

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

i have these guys for sale if interested

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 03 Mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2