Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Price of a Memphis Mojo

Patthehat033 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Price of a Memphis Mojo

How much is an older 15" Memphis Mojo worth?

A guy is selling one for $195 on craigslist. 15in Memphis Mojo sub Good or bad deal?

lionfamlee is offline Premium Member lionfamlee is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Price of a Memphis Mojo

I have 6 Memphis Mojo 12's. The 12's go for about $150 - $200 on eBay used. They get really loud but still are very musical. A lot of people don't like the color scheme, but I don't mind it. Try to get him down to $150 and work your way up/ . Oh, hears an auction on eBay for that model of sub:

Memphis MOJO 15" Subwoofer D2 | eBay

I am from the Old School Audio era. I collect vintage car audio; I have roughly about 40 plus amps, 20 plus subs, dozens of sets of mids, highs and components, 14 eqs/processors, and numerous other old school equipment. I have several old school jewels amongst my collection. I have also collected some nice Japanese and German made audio while I lived in Japan and Germany. I do bring the new school as well with my six Memphis Mojo's, two AudioQue 3500.1D, RF Power 30001BD, Sundownsubs, etc...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Can it really handle 1000 watts rms like it claims? It seems too cheap to handle that. But Memphis is a good brand.

lionfamlee is offline Premium Member lionfamlee is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Patthehat033 View Post
    Can it really handle 1000 watts rms like it claims? It seems too cheap to handle that. But Memphis is a good brand.
    LOL LOL LOL! I am not laughing at you. Short answer...Hell yeah it can handle a 1000RMS....and MORE!!! I have run more too mine and they handle it like a champ. Right now I have two Audioque 3500.1 D running 3 Memphis Mojos (12's) each at 1 ohm (actually 1.3 ohms with ohm rise at the at the amp. they are getting about 1200 - 1400 RMS. The Audioque 3500.1D is no joke either. I also ran a single Mojo on a Rockford T10001BD at 1 ohm which it was pushing at least 1400 RMS solidly to it.

The Mojo's are around $400 plus. These are the older school Mojo's. Google some videos. I am sure I have some videos laying around too.

I am from the Old School Audio era. I collect vintage car audio; I have roughly about 40 plus amps, 20 plus subs, dozens of sets of mids, highs and components, 14 eqs/processors, and numerous other old school equipment. I have several old school jewels amongst my collection. I have also collected some nice Japanese and German made audio while I lived in Japan and Germany. I do bring the new school as well with my six Memphis Mojo's, two AudioQue 3500.1D, RF Power 30001BD, Sundownsubs, etc...

moonjb is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I actually have a BNIB 2006 15" Memphis Mojo D2. I bought it with hopes of building a box to fit into the back of my twin turbo 3000gt. I have receipt and it is still in box/plastic. If anyone see's this (I assume someone could be interested) I am ready to let it go. PM me an offer, I am also considering trades (I have an f150 supercrew now, so anything from 8s-12s and/or amps). Also I have been on this site since back in 06 (how I researched the mojo and rest of my system I had then) but I cannot remember what my old username was. Pics available with username/date if you want them.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Why do you say the mojo is worth $400 but at first you said it was worth $150? Or do you mean all of the mojos you own are worth $400.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Patthehat033 View Post
    Why do you say the mojo is worth $400 but at first you said it was worth $150? Or do you mean all of the mojos you own are worth $400.

I said that the y sale on eBay "used" for anywhere from $150 to $200. Brand new they sold for $400 - $500.

This site still sales them:
    SPEAKERS MEMPHIS 15-M3MOJO12 M3 MOJO Subwoofers & Replacement Cartridges; 12 ;

The cartridge replacement alone cost over $250.
    WoofersEtc.com - 15-M3MOJO12R - Memphis 12" Replacement Cartridge for 15-M3MOJO12 Subwoofer

All of my mojo's are in great condition and could be sold for $150 -$200 or more. Had a guy offer me $250 for one of them after he heard a quick demo in my suburban. Another guy offered me $1800 for all six and the enclosure...he told me he had an 5000 watt BOSS amp to push them. He told me that his BOSS amp did a little more than 5000 watts (LOL)
    My suggestion to was to start the guy at an offer for $150 and see if he bites on that and if not slowly move it up, but I would not pay more than $200 since it is used. Use your own judgment when you see it as far as physical and working condition. $150 to $200 for a 1000/2000 sub from a quality company is a good deal. If you do get it and put it in a right enclosure with the right power, you will not be disappointed trust me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What kind of amp are you gonna run with this.

slammedincouch is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

GTFO OF THE Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help. POST IN THE RIGHT SECTION.

Massive RK6's Front Stage (One set per door) > 07zx650.4
    Hertz HSK 165s in the trunk > Alpine 3542
    (6) 10" Sundown SA-10s > Kicker Warhorse
    Knu Krystal RCAs > lot's o' 0 gauge + Batts > Mechman 270a Alt

Closed Thread