Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Bass blockers ????

Big Rich is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Bass blockers ????

Does anybody have any experience or recommend using these. I'm not too sure which ones to get but I'm planning on using my stock door speakers as mids and highs with the sub primarily for bass I want the speakers to not break up on me from the bass signal being sent to them. I think my rear speakers are 6x9 and front are 51/2 with tweeters in the doors.

What is an alternative that would be just as effective or what are good ones to use

Also tips on connecting them would be great

slim217 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Bass blockers ????

the last time i used them years and years ago u hooked em to the pos wire of speaker i just used the ones from best buy im sure theres cheaper ones that do the same. other option would b to put em on a amp with hp filter it will kill the bass to em or make sure ur head unit has good eq built in

bubbagumper6 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Of course they work, it's just a small passive crossover component (capacitor). However if you have a decent HU it should be able to filter out the sub frequencies internally.

Haunz is offline Packing 4/0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ideally you should know the actual nominal impedance of the speakers and use a calculator to determine the capacitance of the cap you should use based on where you want to cross it over.. also cheap electrolytic caps are generally not that great to use so you might consider spending a tad more and order some good quality caps...

Any 'bass blocker' you buy retail is almost certainly overpriced garbage...

ThatChevyGuy is offline i heart Jager

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I used these.
    eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

They made my highs clear, midbass is lacking however, but it still sounds good.

REFS:
    Squeak9798, Kumbos310w6, BigBangTheory, Jmanpc, MillzThaYungin, WLDock, -Leister-, ThomasG, J31Rob (and a few more I have forgotten)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    eat my asshole you insignificant bastard child of a retarded dingleberry cunt wrinkle fuck toy
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    her pussy better be that nicest pussy you ever ever ever had. she better suck, swallow, jack off, eat ass and snatch, make sammiwich, do yard work and fix the vehicals while nude. Because a bitch like that is definately gonna cause alot of stress in your life, even thou she keeps your wallet and your balls drained.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05fronty View Post
    bitch you better swallow and not make a mess

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

They work.Check out on ebay.Baggboy has them pretty reasonable on there.The arrow goes towards the speaker on the positive connection, and use heat shrink to cover the exposed wirie if you do not get the sleeved.

keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)

Note the caps need to be non-polarized. I buy from Parts Express. They have spreadsheets to help you determine the value you need. They even have 12 dB/oct in-line crossovers.

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

*My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html]
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html
    *1998 Astro Van Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/567468-kha-does-spl-build-1996-astro-van.html

Closed Thread