Closed Thread

Reload Thread: How to wire Infinity Kappa speakers to an amp and also include factory dash speakers

Mimic is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How to wire Infinity Kappa speakers to an amp and also include factory dash speakers

Hi,

long subject but that says it all I finally ordered my speakers and amp.

This is for a Land Cruiser Prado 150. For the front doors Infinity Kappa 6x9, and for the rear Infinity Kappa 6.5. The amp is a Pioneer GM-9500F.

I have a few questions, I'm totally new to these terms

The amp is 4x100rms at 2 ohm, the front speakers are 110rms at 2 ohms and the rear are about 75rms at 2 ohms, as on the box.

To get 2 ohms, they say to wire in serial, so does that mean I have to wire atleast 2 speakers in serial, then I have to combine the front left and rear left speaker to one channel?

Or can i just wire front left to front left, rear left to rear left, etc without burning the amp or speakers.

The next things, is that I have on the factory dash speakers which are still good, and I connect these still to the HU front speaker out or should I not?

Appreciate your help

Thanks

keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)

Re: How to wire Infinity Kappa speakers to an amp and also include factory dash speak

don't wire anything in series (serial). one speaker per amp channel.

yes, the dash speakers can remain on the HU with their factory passive crossover. maintain balance and fader and adjust the level balance between dash and door using the amp gains.

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

*My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html]
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html
    *1998 Astro Van Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/567468-kha-does-spl-build-1996-astro-van.html

Mimic is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: How to wire Infinity Kappa speakers to an amp and also include factory dash speak

Hi, thanks for the reply. I did as you mentioned and it worked great! The dash ones were kept as they were, I think they are going through the amp, but the seem to work well for now. Those were tweeters. Hope they won't burn out, but they are clear and not distorted.

Thanks

Closed Thread