Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reload Thread: rub 1600 input question ( Quick Please!!! )

Tek18 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: rub 1600 input question ( Quick Please!!! )

well i don't really wanna add another amp, id love to put another fi ssd15 " in tho

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Just keep in mind that you still may need to set the LPF on your HU to bring the bass up just a bit as well without the bass boost knob.Set your HPF as well on the HU.This is for you to tune your system to your liking, and no onelse.Its your system set it the way you want.I only told you for setting the amp for a safe setting without any issues, but if you have a dmm, there is a thread to do so, and help you set your gains to.I dont own one,and dont use one, so i cant help you there.But others can that use it.Its best to do for the long term usage of your amp/amps, and sub/speakers.Gladd you got er going!Just follow up on the dmm setting, and that way its rt on, and your speakers will last a while longer without clipping issues.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

LPF and HPF? not familiar with those :S as im new with my HU also... what are those and what shold i set for? im not going to put any " bass boost "

btw my HU goes up to 62, i put it at 50 at a 50hz tone because i play my hu at 52 usually max but i figure 50 is a good med.

so 50hz i had the bass knob all the way down and it went to max like 5VAC

so i turned up the bass knob to max ( as i will put it up to max, the BASS KNOB not the HU ) and i got it to 31.4VAC which is what i wanted, 1000VRMS X 1ohm , square rooted = 31.5, i got it to 31.4.. good enough

now i need to figure out how to set the other things like lowpass, ik what number i want tho i just don't know how to use my DDM for it

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tek18 View Post
    well i don't really wanna add another amp, id love to put another fi ssd15 " in tho
    Oh that amp has plenty of juice to run a pair of 15s without any issues.Thats a pretty decent amp, with good power, and reliable too.To help that amp stay a little bit cooler, i suggest to at the least put like 5-6washers under each screw/foot to raise that amp off of the flat surface to retrieve some air circulation under it.HEAT is among one of the main Amp killers known over the years.Keeping the amps cool not only will make them last a bit longer, but believe it or not, will make them perform a bit better too.Just a suggestion to you,as I do with all my amps, I even run a stinger fan to blow across under my amps, its cheap, and easy to put in. Merry xmas.I need to get going to visit.Have a good one

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thanks man you too! i just threw everything in and had the hu at 50, which is my max, and the bass knob at 50%, and it was insain im scared to go to max!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2