Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Sub Pop on startup

dross93ranger is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Sub Pop on startup

I have two Audiopipe Mini amps in my Ranger (1 for sub, 1 for highs). When I turn on the truck I get an initial pop sound from the sub, but everything acts fine and plays fine (sounds great actually). I was troubleshooting and noticed that on the amp for my highs the "Power (Green)" light immediately lights up and on the sub amp it goes into protect for a split second if that and then the power light lights up and protect goes out. It does this with or without the RCAs connected and the amp share the same ground location (Seat bolt).

What should I try? I know this might not cause any harm, but it bothers me just the same. Every other system I have ever installed has been noise free on startup.

2000 Astro on 20s - Kenwood X595, Audiocontrol Three.1, JL Audio 10W7, Audiopipe APSM-1500, Hifonics Titan TXI6408, Powerbass 4XL 6.5" Mids, DB Drive S3 T1 Tweeters, Optima Yellow Top, Shuriken BT-60

Slammed 99 S10 - Kenwood HU, Arc Audio PEQ, 8" Type R (Ported), Cadence Components, Hifonics TXI 2-Channel, RE DTS500.2

Bagged 93 Ranger - Work in progress - Sony HU, Sundown E8v1 (Ported), APSM-2075, Powerbass 3XL Mids, Crescendo CTS-1 Tweeters

kramer_212 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Re: Sub Pop on startup

Most likely a ground problem......try a did spot....or buy a ground loop isolator

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Different not did lolz

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I will try moving my ground tonight, but the ground loop isolator I couldn't see work because if I pull my RCAs it still does the same thing. Also could it even be my ground, the other amp isn't doing it and it is grounded in the same place.

2000 Astro on 20s - Kenwood X595, Audiocontrol Three.1, JL Audio 10W7, Audiopipe APSM-1500, Hifonics Titan TXI6408, Powerbass 4XL 6.5" Mids, DB Drive S3 T1 Tweeters, Optima Yellow Top, Shuriken BT-60

Slammed 99 S10 - Kenwood HU, Arc Audio PEQ, 8" Type R (Ported), Cadence Components, Hifonics TXI 2-Channel, RE DTS500.2

Bagged 93 Ranger - Work in progress - Sony HU, Sundown E8v1 (Ported), APSM-2075, Powerbass 3XL Mids, Crescendo CTS-1 Tweeters

>>SQL<< is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

gosh I hope it is not a problem with the 1300 cause I just got the same amp and like you cannot stand any turn on pops.

I have heard a few cases where wiring in a delay circuit so all the amps do not turn on at the same time has helped.

I think you should try taking the remote out of the other amp and see if the sub amp does it when it is the only amp turning on.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I took the remote out of the 2075 and the problem stopped! So I just need to find a way of delaying the sub amp from turning on for a second or two. I saw a module not too long ago to do exactly that, I'm going to go look at sonicelectronix and try to find it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think what you have is low amperage on the remote wire.

Wiring in a relay would solve that and be much cheaper than buying a delay circuit.

So you want to use your remote wire to trigger the relay and use the output from the relay to turn on both amps

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

PAC TR-4 (tr4) Remote Turn-on Module - Sonic Electronix

Is that what you are talking about? I don't really understand how to wire it up...what do the trigger input and trigger output go to?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

PAC TR-4 (tr4) Remote Turn-on Module - Sonic Electronix

Is that what you are talking about? I don't really understand how to wire it up...what do the trigger input and trigger output go to?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Nevermind I think I got it...input hooks to the remote wire on the harness behind the cd player and output goes to the amps to turn them on...duh lol

I am going to order this tonight, I can get it from Best Buy for $10 shipped.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

yea man that should work out fine for you.

Just wire it at the amps.
    Take your remote wire and connect it to the "trigger" wire of the unit
    Take the output of the trigger and connect that to both of your amps
    Connect the power of the unit to your dist block

Super easy.

I already planned on using a relay for my system which is easy to install cause the remote wire I used is like 30 gauge (came in the crap ebay amp install kit that I got ripped off on) and is way too small to trigger 2 amps with.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Sounds good, I'll let you know how it turns out. I ordered it about 10 minutes ago.

assassin1840 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

my co worker had this same problem.... it was the deck

97 civic ex new build coming soon. head unit poineer premier 690 fronts/rears diamond audio hex pros mid & high stage amp Diamond Audio HEX 700.4 sub amp dc 5k? maybe 7.5k sub stage 2 diamond audio d9 15d2s lwire stinger zero gauge & 4 gauge 3 c&d 102ah batts, kenitik 800,200 amp alt mechman
    http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/itrader.php?u=12942 http://www.caraudio.com/forums/itrader.php?u=1010415 and many more

Buck is offline always low Buck is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    253 Post(s)

Or you could be simply tied into the red wire instead of the blue...

Tapping into the red wire will cause an instant turn on, which can cause the woofers to pop. The blue wire is a soft turn on, thus it doesn't pop.

Alpine - ASE (local) - Batcap - C&D Tech - CT Sounds - DC - eD - Excessive Amperage - Rainbow

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Its hooked to the blue/white wire. I found the problem and have the problem fixer being delivered this week

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Did you get the problem fixed yet?

Closed Thread