Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 hooking CD player back up after system has been removed

OK so Im not stupid Im just a chick who bought a new car and the cd player isnt hooked up. There was a system in the car and the previous owner removed the amp and the subs (boo) now the CD player wont even power up. There's a wire that hangs down in the trunk that was hooked to the amp and I have no idea what to plug it to. Help! I dont want to have to go to Stereo West for something this stupid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: hooking CD player back up after system has been removed

Odd

mylows10 is offline Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5144 Post(s)

that back wire prolly has nothing to do with the deck not powering up

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 03 Mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1409 Post(s)

I would check the fuse in the fuse panel first to see if its blown?????That wire hanging down prob went to a stock amp at the rear,or may go to a speaker/cd changer(who needs those these days with usb/sd slots),.Check the fuse panel first though/radio

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1409 Post(s)

I would also check the plug in of the HU to see if its even connected at all after checking the fuse.Something i also was thinking about, It may be possible that the existing HU was taken for the simple fact that it is easier to plug the existing amplifier back in to ,and throw another deck in that isnt wired up/needs wiring harness as well??Its a crappy way to do people,and it was done to me in the past.Check fuse first.Then id wait for some daylight and remove the radio/dash to see whats going on???

ColterDC is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

If you don't know anything about car audio then I'm sorry to say, you need to find someone who does or pay a pro shop to check out your car's system.

The real reason I say that is because I've seen way to many people who trade in their cars and do a completely halfassed job of removing their stereo equipment. That wire along with any other old wires may be live and god forbid it grounds out.

Had someone bring me their car about a month ago. Obviously some dumbass riceburner teenage had owned it before (aftermarket headers on a ford focus...lmao). The amp had been removed and both the power wire and remote wire were live and just cut off near the drivers seat, under the carpet. Luckily they did not ground on anything in the couple days she had it.

F-250 V10 Crew Cab with 6 inch lift
    Front and Rear Pioneer DVD screens. All stock speakers replaced with Kenwood speakers.
    2 Kenwood 10 inch subs. 2 Eclipse amps.

Mustang GT V8
    Pioneer HU. Mach 460 stereo system. 2 MTX 15 inch subs. 1 MA Audio amp.

Mercury Sable
    Pioneer HU. 2 Kenwood 10 inch subs. 1 SPL amp.

coasterbot is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yikes! Ok Im going to Stereo West. The HU is awesome and god knows if I pull it out I'll never get it back in again. Its definitely worth paying an installer to fix the problem for me. Thanks guys.

keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1172 Post(s)

Yep, it is time for a pro.

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/608637-2014-accord-sport-sq-build-keep_hope_alive.html
    ***My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

Closed Thread

User Tag List