Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Product matching advice, new to car audio.

Midd_Knight is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon11 Product matching advice, new to car audio.

I can't imagine how many posts you guys get about this so I apologize up front. I'm know a little bit about electronics mostly on the PC Audio side which is no where as complicated. I'm in the middle of blacking out a 2004 chevy suburban and have already had the stock radio/door panel speakers replaced with basic pioneer gear. And now working on setting up subs for the back.

What I need help on is if the products I've selected will work alright for what I'd like. I'm not looking to set off car alarms from several blocks away, but I'd like a very nice punch for myself and passengers. I've went through and selected these according to my budget.

* MTX 12" JackHammer's 500w RMS/1000w Peak Power Handling 2-ohm
    * And a Rockford Fosgate Prime R500-1 500w mono Amp (runs on 2/4-ohms).

Basically, will these products work ok with each other? Do I need a capacitor? What gage wire should I use? 4g/8g? Any advice/tips would be great. Thank you for taking the time!

Derrick

cyn
    cyn is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Re: Product matching advice, new to car audio.

How much are you spending?
    4G wire kit should suffice.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Around 400/450 for subs and an amp.

Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Much better can be had for that much...

Western Rep.

99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

cyn
    cyn is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Have you looked in the Classifieds on here?
    You can get you a nice amp and sub for less than that.

Or you can get you a brand new Skar from ssa.com for $175 i think. then pick up a nice amp for less than $200 on here

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alright, so I've finally got speakers, two 12" 1200 watt Sony xplod's. ( http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7039/subshw.jpg ) Not the best, not really what I wanted.. but I figured just beginning would be a better purchase to start with just in case I screw them up. Pushing them, a Pyle PLA-1200 Chopper Series 1900 Watt - Mono Block amp inside a 2004 chevy suburban. I have them bridged at the moment.

Inside and at a medium level the bass sounds nice, clear and powerful. At higher levels it sounds distorted and rattling. Like cheap speakers with too much power.. which could be the case I suppose?? The problem is.. I've felt/seen a lot more out of a lot less. Several years ago a mate had a pair of 10" sony nickle plated being pushed by a 1000 watt sony amp and the kick to them was insane.. you could feel the vibe on the ground a block away.

Outside the car you can't hear or feel much anything other than a bad rattle from the vehicle. So.. A few questions, would a fully sealed enclosure box be better for the type of car it's in? Are these speakers/amp trash? What can I do about the rattle from the suburban? (seems be worse on the back split doors.) Any other suggestion on making the sound more clear and the punch harder? Thank you for taking the time with this.

p.s. I used a nice amp installation kit. Huge battery wire with fuse hooked up directly to alt/battery and a capacitor hooked up to them, well grounded and working fine. The amp is getting a solid flow of juice. The speaker wire itself isn't as large as it should be, probably should be using a 4gage wire but that will be taking care of very soon.

treadburner is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

this thread just failed

Quote Originally Posted by bad @SS chevy View Post
    I like to take girls from myspace to myplace and let them sit on myface
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer321 View Post
    there is no god, if there was then that immaculate conception **** woulda never happened, he'd done Marry right and she woulda been screaming "oh god **** me" and he woulda been like "take it all you *****, have my baby oh jesus christ"

refrences-- dbeez

-01limited- is offline Where are my 72 virgins?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

The speakers are crap to put it nicely.

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
    Mach 5 ixl 18.4
    7 cubes tuned to 34hz
    Hifonics Brutus 2k
    Knu Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Buick View Post
    Why?? You still haven't learned to eat my balls in the WTEMB section.

assassin1840 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

you wanna know what will make it sound cleaner and hit harder. throw that garbage away and get some real ****. that mtx and amp was a better pic than that stuff. you should have listened to our advise asked us for our help on picking a system. in the end you pay for what you get. but like most ppl you dont take advise that is giving to you

97 civic ex new build coming soon. head unit poineer premier 690 fronts/rears diamond audio hex pros mid & high stage amp Diamond Audio HEX 700.4 sub amp dc 5k? maybe 7.5k sub stage 2 diamond audio d9 15d2s lwire stinger zero gauge & 4 gauge 3 c&d 102ah batts, kenitik 800,200 amp alt mechman
    http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/itrader.php?u=12942 http://www.caraudio.com/forums/itrader.php?u=1010415 and many more

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Ya ..I agree.Sounds like a lesson learned,and wasted time and money on what you have bought.I would have at the least for some really cheap subs that still bang,as I have used,The Lanzar Maxpro 10s for under 100 bucks for a pair,and you could have bought my USA US Acoustics 2150 for the 130 posted on here,and would have banged not only the back doors,but the whole vehicle!!Just could have had a box built around 11o bucks/130,??Thats Cheap,and Banging!And later on find a better sub ,maybe like the cerwin vega stroker or???I am sorry to hear that things didnt go well for you.When you ask for opinions from this site,we try to help so that you get the best for your money and appreciate the most of what you can afford as well,.without getting burned and damage the components you have,as I have learned the hard way without this site by trial and error,and alot of hard earned money over the years.Best of luck on the next purchases and choices made

Closed Thread