Closed Thread

Reload Thread: I need help choosing the right amp?

jadyn123 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I need help choosing the right amp?

Soon I will be purchasing two 4 ohm, 12", SVC Kicker Competition series subwoofers. I dont have the money to purchase a mono amplifier so I am wanting to get a 2-channel amplifier off of amazon.com.

This is the amplifier I have been looking at
    Crunch Ground Pounder GPV1000.2 1000 Maxx Watt Power A/B Class Two Channel Amplifier
    Specs -
    2 x 250 W at 4 Ohms, 2 x 500 W at 2 Ohms, 1 x 1000 W at 4 Ohms Maxx Power

Can I use this amp to get a sufficient amount of power for the subs to function well?
    How would I wire them to do so?

DDtC is offline High Output SQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Re: I need help choosing the right amp?

• 2010 Scion tC
    • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    • JL 450/4v2 Active (Mid range, tweeters) JL 300/2v2 (Mid bass) DD M4(Subs)
    • Hertz HV 165XL
    • Hertz HT28
    • JL ZR800
    • 2 x DD 9512i
    • Singer 300 amp 15.1v bypass, 3 XS D3400s
    • Viper 5701 with Smart Start

All_Logix is offline Formerly CivicGTi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yeah, not a big fan of crunch amps, I understand the budget, but honeslt I speak from experience save your money wait it out a bit and get a quality amp, or you will end up not liking it a whole lot and have to buy a new amp and just have that old one. PERSONALLY if you want a decent amp and not spend an arm and a leg on it, I would get the Alpine Vpower amp m500 maybe.

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Buy an Old school quality Zed Audio amp like an Autotek bts,or Mean,Hifonics Vii,Viii series for around 125-200 bucks and will out perform any amp within todays market bar nun for the price!!! They will beat the crap out of those subs alllll day long.There is a Hifonics Vii series Vulcan for 125 free shipping,and is 2ch, and bridgable to 2ohms mono!!!Should push out along the lines of 300 plus TRUE RMS at 13.5 plus v!!!! I highly recommend it!!!

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

I am kinda new on here myself, but i have a collection of amps/like 30 of old school amps that I am not using and need to get rid of. I dont know how to post on here yet,seems to be a bit complicated, but i have amps pretty reasonable and pretty clean that will be within your budget that will out perform that amp along with todays amps and the power they produce are out of this world for the size.I recommend getting the dual 4ohm and run in 2ohms mono great for everyday banging.Autotek BTS 7154, 44watts???Pushed a 1000rms RE 10 without any issues

hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audiobaun View Post
    I am kinda new on here myself, but i have a collection of amps/like 30 of old school amps that I am not using and need to get rid of. I dont know how to post on here yet,seems to be a bit complicated, but i have amps pretty reasonable and pretty clean that will be within your budget that will out perform that amp along with todays amps and the power they produce are out of this world for the size.I recommend getting the dual 4ohm and run in 2ohms mono great for everyday banging.Autotek BTS 7154, 44watts???Pushed a 1000rms RE 10 without any issues
    Read the rules in the classifieds section to figure out how to sell here.

Most of those old Zed amps don't like 2 ohm stereo too much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

How about 2ohms mono/bridged?? 2 svc 4ohm should be alright for that ?????Dont know many people that are wanting to run stereo mode on subs these days,but 2ohms bridged for 2svc 4ohm subs should sound pretty good.????And i will read the rules and try to post some on here, I have been on e-bay for quite some time..audiobaun- 168* thanks for the help.

Closed Thread