Closed Thread

Reload Thread: pop noise like a scratched vinyl record when listening to music through iphone

dubstep009 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

pop noise like a scratched vinyl record when listening to music through iphone

before you tell me im in the wrong thread and try to act smart and all that, try and be nice and let me know where exactly i should be posting this thread and i will gladly appreciate it. im new to this. thank you.

i have the following items in my car...

INFINITY 475A 4-CHANNEL AMP CAR STEREO AUDIO AMPLIFIER | eBay

PACKAGE: JL AUDIO 6.5" COMPONENT SPEAKERS+6 1/2" COAX | eBay

Kenwood KDC-MP642U iPod/USB/CD/MP3 In Dash Receiver | eBay

NEW JL AUDIO 10W1V2-8 10" 10W1 CAR SUBWOOFER SUB 8 OHM | eBay

my sub and speakers are both bridged to my amplifier and its been working just fine like that. unfortunately for the past month I've been noticing a weird pop sound with fussiness (like a tic or when a vinyl record was scratched or old and you hear the music but in the back ground you hear that fussy and pop noise) when I'm playing music from my iphone and its happening more frequently now. i try listening to the radio and i dont hear the tic sound, it actually sounds a lot better, it only seems to do it when im playing music through my iphone. does anybody have any ideas to why this is happening? my speakers are fine because the sound quality hasnt changed at all if i put the volume all the way up or down.

keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1174 Post(s)

Re: pop noise like a scratched vinyl record when listening to music through iphone

Good job narrowing it down to the iPhone. Did this problem develop or has the iPhone always caused the noise? You are using the USB cable and not Bluetooth? Could be a connection issue with the iPhone, even dirt inside the connector cavity. Could just be the iPhone struggling to multi-task.

To check the HU you could try a thumb drive.
    To check the iPhone you could try taking your iPhone and cable into a car audio store and testing on a HU in the board.

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/608637-2014-accord-sport-sq-build-keep_hope_alive.html
    ***My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

Kangaroux is offline I put on

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1488 Post(s)

Re: pop noise like a scratched vinyl record when listening to music through iphone

If you're using the 3.5mm jack on the iphone that may be the source of the problem

thevic24 is offline my silence is deadly...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    363 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kangaroux View Post
    If you're using the 3.5mm jack on the iphone that may be the source of the problem
    This can be true...

If the jack on the phone is dirty, it will give you this very sound/problem. If you can, try using a different cable and source to try and narrow it down to
    the cord or phone.

Silently stalking you through glass....

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah I tried cleaning out all the jacks, USB jack coming from the back of my head unit and also the apple USB cable with a dust remover but I can still hear it. Do you think it's the Kenwood head unit?

keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1174 Post(s)

I suspect iPhone before Kenwood. iPhone is low quality stuff. You pay for the marketing.

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/608637-2014-accord-sport-sq-build-keep_hope_alive.html
    ***My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actualy I can't hear it as much now. Im listening to music as we speak and I don't hear it anymore. I think that's what the problem was. I thought it was something even worse, first replace speakers but they were fine and then I thought it was the head unit but it's working fine now. Awesome. Thank you everyone that posted their ideas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    363 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dubstep009 View Post
    Yeah I tried cleaning out all the jacks, USB jack coming from the back of my head unit and also the apple USB cable with a dust remover but I can still hear it. Do you think it's the Kenwood head unit?
    Like I said above, try using a different cord and source to elliminate the current cord and or phone.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

By the way I like the alex gray Picture. I'm a tool fan haha thank you for the help

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    363 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dubstep009 View Post
    Actualy I can't hear it as much now. Im listening to music as we speak and I don't hear it anymore. I think that's what the problem was. I thought it was something even worse, first replace speakers but they were fine and then I thought it was the head unit but it's working fine now. Awesome. Thank you everyone that posted their ideas.
    One other thing is....do you have the volume up on the phone enough? Sometimes you can get "background" noise if the source signal is not up enough.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The volume controls on the iPhone are disabled once I plug it on the USB cord. I have it on vibrate right now just in case.

akheathen is offline trianoacitol contraceptiv akheathen is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)

wait, didn't you post this last week? i pointed at the cable then, too. did you forget to check on your exact same thread or something? edit: my bad, i just didn't see the responses, lol

*IF I have forgotten to exchange feedback, please let me know*
    i buy broken amps....
    No, i will not "gift" paypal. please do not even make it awkward by asking. if the fees are an issue, I am usually inclined to add them. unless you have discount elsewhere, shipping is through usps flat rate, through usps parcel post, or through the roof..... i am in alaska. thanks
    -Heath H-

Closed Thread

User Tag List