Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Help! Bridged 4 Channel amp Memphis PR4.50 to 2 4ohm svc 10inch subs

jamezruiz is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Help! Bridged 4 Channel amp Memphis PR4.50 to 2 4ohm svc 10inch subs

i bridged the amp as illustrated on the crutchfield diagram. my amp install kit came with one set of RCA and an AGU fuse of 80amp. the amp states Bridged 140RMS x2channel and Peak Power of 200wattsx 4 Channel. i wired two subs that are TS-w29c 4ohm and 120RMS. so i plugged the set of rca on channel 1 and 2, red and white. at first one sub worked. i switched one of them to the right side(3 or 4) and both subs were working, i didnt have the gain and crossovers matching so one was overpowering the other. well some how i managed to blow one of the subs because it stopped working. now did i need one set of RCA cables or 2? i had to get another sub.

earlyer the sub that went out was working then some how i managed to get the ground loose and the amp went into protection mode. i used the wires from the other sub that was working and switched it to the one side that wasnt working and no responce.

how can i get both sides working properly and did i wire the amp correctly?

the headunit is a Pioneer DEH-P5200HD in a 2002 Ford F350

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Re: Help! Bridged 4 Channel amp Memphis PR4.50 to 2 4ohm svc 10inch subs

Sounds like you just need to buy 2-y adapters..1female to 2male..can buy at a local stereo shop/online/bestbuy ect. you just need to split the rca that you have.Make SURE!!! that you ground that amp!!!. Also see if your radio has low level out, if so ,you want to put your rca connection in here that goes back to the amp,if not I suggest rear which has always been thing to do.Then at the amp you have your 2 rca /red and white/leftand right and connect your y adapter to the rca..Now you have 4 male rca connections,,2 for red,and 2 for white,and connect them to the right post on the amp.Make sure that you switch both ch 1and 2 ,and 3and 4 to bridge mode.Just remember that whatever you put your rca connections on the radio you do the same at the amp...I always use red for Right so not to forget.Then you should have both subs working.By specs i found your amp is 4ohm stable bridged at 140x2 at 14.4v,so dont hook both of those subs on one side or you could damage the amp..it will drop it into a 2ohm load.The y adapters are about 10-30 bucks depending on what brand you get.I hope this helps,and saves you time and money.

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Switch the selector to LPF on both of your switches,and turn your gains down before you fire up the radio,and turn your x over down to tune later to your liking also.This amp will be set up for the subs only.Not for your other speakers now,your going to be in mono/bridged mode and can damage your other speakers if hooked up to the amp.If your mids n highs start popping if you do not have them on another amp,you will need to buy bass blockers to put on the poss connection before the speaker will help until you add an amp with a built in xover.

keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)

Agreed. Also, the bass boost looks to be for channels 3&4 only. Don't use it. Use a DMM to set gains equal.

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?6722-KHA-2014-Accord-Sport-SQ-Factory-Integration
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html
    *1998 Astro Van Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/567468-kha-does-spl-build-1996-astro-van.html

5. Thanks audiobaun thanked for this post
    mylows10 is offline Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)

or just get a cheap mono block from the forum

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

jamezruiz is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon14 Re: Help! Bridged 4 Channel amp Memphis PR4.50 to 2 4ohm svc 10inch subs

thanks everyone! your input helped a ton!!

Closed Thread