Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Please help me with my first installation. Amp+sub.

21893 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Please help me with my first installation. Amp+sub.

I would like to start off buy saying thanks for the help in advance. I have done countless hours of research online about all this car audio stuff but i still have a couple questions:

That sub says 4ohm.. But in the title it says 2ohm. Im assuming its wired to a 2ohm setup?? Which means there will only be one neg and one positive terminal?

Speaker-level inputs- The amp says it has that option. However i only see one set of speaker line terminals. Isnt that to power the subs??? Where else can i insert the speaker lines if i decide not to use the loc

Grounding- I can ground the amp in the trunk, correct? Thats the only ground I need besides the LOC ground??

RCA INPUT- What is that used for??

Below i attached a pic of my proposed setup.. Do i have the right idea?? I know i have to run a remote turn on lead..

akheathen is offline trianoacitol contraceptiv akheathen is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)

Re: Please help me with my first installation. Amp+sub.

have the same amp, just got recently. check kickers website, but i do belive that you run high level inputs to the rca jacs, push the switch in to high level, and set it to dcoffset turn-on to run it off a stock system speaker wires. as for the ground, yes the trunk is good, just make sure you get on a good pannel, like the trunk floor, or wheel well, or similar.

oh, and yes, if each speaker is 4ohms, then they would be wired to a single 2ohm load at the box. if you ever need to run more than 1 set of wires, then you just put them together and both in the same connector on the amp

*IF I have forgotten to exchange feedback, please let me know*
    i buy broken amps....
    No, i will not "gift" paypal. please do not even make it awkward by asking. if the fees are an issue, I am usually inclined to add them. unless you have discount elsewhere, shipping is through usps flat rate, through usps parcel post, or through the roof..... i am in alaska. thanks
    -Heath H-

21893 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thanks for the help.. Are you saying i can put bare wires into the rca jack?? Or do i have to tap the wire then connect it with an rca jack?

akheathen is offline trianoacitol contraceptiv akheathen is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)

well, you would have to splice rcas into the speaker wires..... go to kickers website. they have the pdf manuals for it.

*IF I have forgotten to exchange feedback, please let me know*
    i buy broken amps....
    No, i will not "gift" paypal. please do not even make it awkward by asking. if the fees are an issue, I am usually inclined to add them. unless you have discount elsewhere, shipping is through usps flat rate, through usps parcel post, or through the roof..... i am in alaska. thanks
    -Heath H-

Closed Thread

User Tag List