Closed Thread

Reload Thread: replaced head unit now my door speakers dont work!!!

heydes is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon9 replaced head unit now my door speakers dont work!!!

i drive a 2000 nissan maxima with B.o.s.e (buy other stereo equipment)factory system installed. about six months ago i replaced my bose head unit with a clarion cz500. everything worked fine up until i decided to install a different head unit( pioneer 980-bt ) i remove the harness to wire it with my new hu then when i put it in the car and i turn it up..... no sound but subs in the back ground...i attempted to install my clarion back in still no sound from the speakers with the clarion either. i checked my radio and speaker fuses they are ok. and checked my harness adapter. the speakers connect via rcas on the adapter so i know everything was connected. any ideas about what happen?? plz plz help!!!!!!!!!!! riding with just bass is ok but gets old really quick.

Dj-torn is offline Still learning...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: replaced head unit now my door speakers dont work!!!

Here are some ideas;
    1) Bose amp is in two sections and the speaker amplifier is not powering on
    2) Your new radios preamp voltage is to high and fried the inputs on the amp
    3) Some how shorted the inputs to the amp with the rcas
    4) Blew the fuse to the amp, one not labeled radio.

GL, let us know what you figure out.

heydes is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i replaced the bose amp (still no sound) and i checked all my fuses. fuses are good. the new radios preamps are 5v compared to 4v so they could of fried something . how could i check the inputs on the amp? can a wire harness adapter fry? this *****... i am almost ready to rewire the car and install new speakers if i cant figure this out.. been at for a while now.

pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

You did not connect the remote turn on lead to the car harness thus the amp is not turning on.

If this is not it, then take it some where to get fixed as talking through the remaining options would simply take way to long and only get aggravating for all parties during the duration.

keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pro-rabbit View Post
    You did not connect the remote turn on lead to the car harness thus the amp is not turning on.
    this is my vote as well.

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?6722-KHA-2014-Accord-Sport-SQ-Factory-Integration
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html
    *1998 Astro Van Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/567468-kha-does-spl-build-1996-astro-van.html

Closed Thread