Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Battery: 2002 Ford Explorer SportTrac : Biggest Dimensions to fit under hood?

TheGDog is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Battery: 2002 Ford Explorer SportTrac : Biggest Dimensions to fit under hood?

Battery: 2002 Ford Explorer SportTrac :

What are the biggest Dimensions to fit under hood?

I'm looking to replace my Duralast Gold 850 under the hood with the biggest Kinetik (or possibly another brand) battery that will fit into the stock Battery location without me having to modify the battery mounting location at all.

The Duralast Gold 850 on Autozone shows a 12+1/16" Length and Height and Depth measurements of 7+9/16".

But I checked Autozone today and noted a new Duralast AGM offering which they now list as compatible with my vehicle... however, the dimensions on that one were 12+1/16" Length, 7+3/8" Width, 7+11/16" Height.

So I was hoping I could ask this question here on these forums and hopefully another SportTrac owner who'd gone thru this could tell me without-a-doubt which bigger aftermarket (Kinetik) battery would fit in the stock Battery location without any (or minimal) modification.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Battery: 2002 Ford Explorer SportTrac : Biggest Dimensions to fit under hood?

ANyone?... Anyone?.... Bueller......!!

Louisiana_CRX is offline dem shoes......

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Re: Battery: 2002 Ford Explorer SportTrac : Biggest Dimensions to fit under hood?

Current 2010 Louisiana USACi State Records :

Trunk 0-1000.................. 151.3
    StreetBeat 2................... 145.6
    Stock 1801-up.................153.8
    SuperStock 1801-up..........154.2
    Top three in 11 out of 26 power classes and Louisiana USACi Points Leader at 465

Louisiana_CRX is offline dem shoes......

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Current 2010 Louisiana USACi State Records :

Trunk 0-1000.................. 151.3
    StreetBeat 2................... 145.6
    Stock 1801-up.................153.8
    SuperStock 1801-up..........154.2
    Top three in 11 out of 26 power classes and Louisiana USACi Points Leader at 465

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for the pics. However... this does not help me with my original question of what is the biggest (i.e. most powerful) battery (AGM aftermarket) I can find that will fit in the STOCK battery tray of a 2002 Ford Explorer SportTrac. I have no desire to modify the stock battery tray as it appears you've done here.

Though it is hard for me to tell that as your vehicle is significantly different under-the-hood then mine.

Closed Thread