Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Sound output issues on Headunit

Turbocharge01 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sound output issues on Headunit

Ok so i was putting in a new system for my car and accidently connected the pos. and neg. wires for my speaker lead while the radio was on ( yes very dumb i forgot to shut the power off to it) and it caused the speaker output to fail. Though when i turn the radio on with the speaker harness unplugged and then plug it in i get sound. when i change radio stations since there is somewhat of constant sound it stays on but when i put a cd in it stops till i unplug the harness and plug it back in and does the same thing when i skip a track on the cd. Any ideas of what might be going on if this can be self fixed or will i have to continue with sending it in for repairs.

keep_hope_alive is online now Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

Re: Sound output issues on Headunit

sounds damaged. lesson learned.

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/608637-2014-accord-sport-sq-build-keep_hope_alive.html
    ***My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ok bringing this thread from the dead because i updated it with a fix and still have issues with it. There was wires grounding out and now it works kinda. When the car is turned off my output is fine. When i turn the engine on the output skips also when i press the gas pedal going down the road it skips. The gas pedal is not computer controlled since its a 1991 camaro. Only thing i can think of is the constant i have it hooked up to has to do with my ignition so when its turned on it may cause a voltage drop enough to mess with the output. Though my rca output for bass doesnt skip like the speakers do. Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

so what was the problem?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sorry i edited my last post with the problem

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbocharge01 View Post
    ok bringing this thread from the dead because i updated it with a fix and still have issues with it. There was wires grounding out and now it works kinda. When the car is turned off my output is fine. When i turn the engine on the output skips also when i press the gas pedal going down the road it skips. The gas pedal is not computer controlled since its a 1991 camaro. Only thing i can think of is the constant i have it hooked up to has to do with my ignition so when its turned on it may cause a voltage drop enough to mess with the output. Though my rca output for bass doesnt skip like the speakers do. Any suggestions?
    sounds like you still have shorted speaker wires or damaged speakers somewhere. try getting some 16 gauge speaker wire from walmart and run your own wire to each speaker. those 3rd gen camaro's had terrible wiring on the stereo. i have had a 83 and a 89. Always just ran my own wiring instead of using the factory stuff.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah i had a feeling something was still grounding out because the last radio i had in it never skipped. Ill see what i can do about doing my own wiring.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbocharge01 View Post
    yeah i had a feeling something was still grounding out because the last radio i had in it never skipped. Ill see what i can do about doing my own wiring.
    It's not very hard. Are you using the stock holes? 4x6 in dash and 6x9 in the side panels or has someone cut holes in the doors?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Using the stock holes with aftermarket speakers. The back right 6x9 was the one grounding out because it had wire connecters and i only used one side and the otherside had exposed wire but i just did a quick fix and taped it but i just cut the connecters off and straight wired it completely and i believe that fixed the problem but i have yet to drive it so ill find out in a little while.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

K.

Closed Thread