Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

new headunit sometimes turns off between acc and on

i replaced my old jvc with a kenwood and noticed that when i turn off the engine to listen to music or when im listening to music in "ACC" mode and turn the ignition to "on" to roll up/down windows (not starting), the deck sometimes powers down and then right back up (with no loss of memory or settings). i found it does this about 1/3 of the time when i switch the ignition between acc and on over and over and over again. other than that the deck acts normal in all ignition positions and has never cut out on me over any bumps or loud volumes or anything.

i regrounded to chasis, visually checked fuses but will change the underdash acc fuse now just in case.

any other suggestions or insights are welcome and appreciated as im going back in there again today.

Spike243 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)

Re: new headunit sometimes turns off between acc and on

I don't think this should cause any problems. If it dosnt pose any problems to your system then I don't think it is bad

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    Front Stage: Massive CK6X
    Rear Deck: Pioneer Coaxials
    Speaker Amp: Kicker KX800.4
    Sub: 12" Alpine Type X
    Sub Amp: Alpine m-1000

keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1160 Post(s)

Just has to do with the length of the delay between ignition positions. The deck loses power during the switch, sometimes enough for it to shutoff. Some decks have more internal capacitance so they ride through longer.

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/608637-2014-accord-sport-sq-build-keep_hope_alive.html
    ***My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

dub6pimp is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thanks guys. i was just worried that something could be a little loose in the new deck while i can still exchange it. but some further updates:

i plugged in a phone charger with a light to use as a acc/wire "test light" to see if it blinks out with the deck, but the deck would not cut out anymore with the charger plugged in?? so ive been driving around with the charger pluged in and its cord using up my cup holder. but then the other day i started the car and the deck wouldnt power up, hit "source" button but remained dead. it spit the cd out fine and my phone charger "test light" was lit up. but i had to remove the face fully and then put it back on and then it worked. the power/red wire connections of this deck just seems a little buggy (which i have redone along with the ground. same stuff though).

Closed Thread

User Tag List